CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

heated seats - butts on fire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55
heated seats - butts on fire

All,

Recently bought a 2004 W209 CLK55. The heated seat button on the dash when pressed does not light up red as per the owners manual. Neither for the driver or passenger. The seat also as seat ventilation fans, and when I press this button I get either one or two blue lights.
The heated seat fuses are good, and not blown.
The seat feels like it is getting hot even though the dash light is not on(red), but without a thermocouple it is hard to tell if it is my imagination or not.
Anyone have a experience with the dash buttons and what I should check?

TIA
Old 10-15-2010, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Originally Posted by prestonian
All,

Recently bought a 2004 W209 CLK55. The heated seat button on the dash when pressed does not light up red as per the owners manual. Neither for the driver or passenger. The seat also as seat ventilation fans, and when I press this button I get either one or two blue lights.
The heated seat fuses are good, and not blown.
The seat feels like it is getting hot even though the dash light is not on(red), but without a thermocouple it is hard to tell if it is my imagination or not.
Anyone have a experience with the dash buttons and what I should check?

TIA
your seat heater might not work anymore
i have an 05 and my heated seats dont work anymore my lights wont go on anymore and the dealership told me I would have to replace my heat packs for about 1200 a seat and I thought I would rather wear more clothes then keep my *** warm :P