CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Dead Battery, now KEYLESS-GO will not work - 2005 CLK 55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Battery, now KEYLESS-GO will not work - 2005 CLK 55 AMG

My 2005 CLK55 AMG struggles to start a few days ago, it started, and the next day I had it out for a short errand and then the next day it did not start, Battery Dead!

I jumped it (In Accordance with the Manual) and not it seems fine, however, my KEYLESS-GO feature will not work. I can't open the doors with the key in my pocket and I can't start the vehicle with the press button.

Any suggestions?

Also, no indication that my battery is/was low. I have been starting it and running it daily now with hopes of having the alternator charge the battery, but still no indication of a low battery.

Finally, any ideas where to order an Original Equipment (OE) replacement battery?

Thanks for your help!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK 55 AMG.......... 2001 Corvette Z06.........
1. can't you use that little silver thingy off ur keyfab to open the trunk manually?

2. i had the same problem except i was resetting the ecu and my bumbass closed the trunk! lol.

the little silver thingy didn't work so this is what i had to do. hope u do not have overly large hands.........

a) with the use of jumper cables either connect to a good battery or a car.

b) connect neg lead to random metal bolt in engine bay

c) there is a plastic cap over a main power feed lug on the alternator, remove the cap and connect positive lead.

d) open doors

e) if it doesn't work first try; reseat neg lead until a good ground is found un engine bay.