CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Command Center problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
Command Center problem

I bought my car used and love everything about it, however my command center seems to be shorting out. I plan to bring it into a shop next week when I bring it in for service.

Basically when I test drove the car the nav/radio worked fine at first. I turned off the car and back on and the command center kept shorting out like someone was playing with a wire or something. Over time when I drive it it seems to be hit or miss. Has anyone experianced this issue? Do I need a brand new command center? Should I look to buy an outside brand (looking to spend up to $1,000) If I go this route is there any brand or model I should look at?

Thanks for the responses any questions you have I will tyr to answer best I can.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55, 1993 190E, 1975 230C, 2007 E350
Center console grounds

Take off your center console (a bit of work, but not too bad), and make sure that the TWO ground leads are not loose. I had a radio problem (work and then not) and the dashboard lights would dim and un dim, and the blinker was running funky. I took it to my shop, and they have seen this before - took them about an hour, and they tightened the connections on the ground leads, and now everything is fine. Apparently a common problem on all CLK's - my shop knew what was going on when I described it to them.