CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

SRS SYSTEM SERVICE warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG - one of the last off the AMG line
SRS SYSTEM SERVICE warning

Hey guys,

I get a general blue (note not red) warning saying my SRS system service, with the passanger airbag light off.

This has been for a while, I am not sure if it has something to do with fitting PDC sensors in my front bumper, I also opened the center console to change a wire on the Kenwood headunit I have installed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to reset this alert ? Is this a star computer only thing ?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G63
Originally Posted by fredbaum
Hey guys,

I get a general blue (note not red) warning saying my SRS system service, with the passanger airbag light off.

This has been for a while, I am not sure if it has something to do with fitting PDC sensors in my front bumper, I also opened the center console to change a wire on the Kenwood headunit I have installed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to reset this alert ? Is this a star computer only thing ?
Yes there is no easy way to reset SRS lights due to it being a safety issue. This has to be properly diagnosed via a STAR machine. I would seriously take it to your local dealer, they are authorised to work on your vehicle as well as repair it properly. They will bend over backwards due to it being a safety issue. I doubt it has anything to do with what you've done on the car, provide the dealer with as much info in regards to the issue as possible!