CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

I have found a CLK55 AMG Kompressor...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2003 | 07:33 PM
Almost a Member!

I have found a CLK55 AMG Kompressor...

...As the title suggests, they do exist and this one is a convertable too.

But still awaiting pictures. But I don't think the "High Profile Car Dealer" is BSing. As they are known up and down the british car community as one of the best.
Old 07-07-2003 | 07:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that it's the latest W209 chassis and all to AMG's specification. So no aftermarket firms or parts were involved.
Old 07-07-2003 | 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
thats tight! How much was it? any pics?
Old 07-07-2003 | 11:17 PM

No longer car shopping...
Unhappy That's not possible...yet

Sorry but the new clk55 isn't suppose to come with any different engine (Suppose to have the same one that's in the existing CLK55). Also, it's not due out until November so whatever you've heard about today MUST be a 430cab with aftermarket modifcations.
Old 07-08-2003 | 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by Klint
Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that it's the latest W209 chassis and all to AMG's specification. So no aftermarket firms or parts were involved.
Wait for the pics.

However, I believe it is possible to have AMG put a kompressor on a new 209 cabrio.....as long as it is done at Affalterbach. You will open your checkbook *wide* to have this done by AMG, but you'll probably have the only one.
Old 07-09-2003 | 08:08 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK55; Ferrari TR: 325Xi: (3) 32 Ford Hot rods
I have ordered a 2004 CLK55 which has already been built and is now intransit to the USA. I can tell you that there is no change in the motor from the 2003.

The Kompressor was not even an option - as I have ordered the car with virtually every option.

If it does become available, I will be selling mine immediately and ordering a new one!
Old 07-09-2003 | 12:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Sorry guys/girls.

Looks as if it was a "miss-print". but I've been smart.

I found the vehicle advertised on purpose as the supercharged version. I even managed to get a screen dump to support myself if things got big. That I will post with this post.

Well, after I sent an email asking for pictures and some details regarding the Kompressor CLK55, the advertisement changed!!

Not much can be done really because they have a disclaimer about the information regarding their vehicles, but the point is they were falsely advertising the vehicle, also they didn't reply to my email regarding the vehicle, so the dealer has just downgraded themselves in my own opinion.

This is the email I sent to the dealership:

To: info@tomhartley.com
Subject: 2003/03 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG V8 KOMPRESSOR Date: Jul 7
Size: 4k

Dear Tom Hartley (Jnr),

I've heard nothing but great things about your business and methods of dealing with rare and exotic specialities, but this (re: subject) is one that has caught my attention.

I regularly check out your online inventory of vehicles avaliable and this has been the most interesting one in a long time.

Just a few things I would like to clear up if that's possible:

Does the vehicle meet all AMG's standards, as in: Is it 100% Mercedes-AMG, or were there aftermarket firms involved in the engine modification, mainly being the additional 'Kompressor' over the base model?

Are there four exhaust outlets on the 'Kompressor' version, as the base model has only two outlets to the left?

And last but not least. Would it be possible, that once you've had pictures taken of the vehicle. That you kindly send me a copies of each one?

All the best for you, your father and your business.

Kind Regards,
Me

Then, and only recently the advertisement Here changed. I don't think the advertisement, url will remain the same for too long.

:p

P.S I've changed the size of the screen dump to be able to be an attachment.
Attached Thumbnails I have found a CLK55 AMG Kompressor...-clk55k-evidence.jpg