CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Seeking advice from the "Mod" gurus - Kleemann S/C and Headers installation - G55 N/A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2012 | 04:14 AM

2008 G55k
Seeking advice from the "Mod" gurus - Kleemann S/C and Headers installation - G55 N/A

Hi All. I posted on this board because I know you it's a very active thread for modding N/A 55's. I hope some of you have come across similar things and may be able to help me out.

The installation is progressing. Slowly but surely just to make sure everything is done properly.

Mod link is here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/g55-amg-w...oject-s-c.html

I have a couple of questions regarding the Headers and Downpipes if anyone can help and a few others regarding water pump and intercooler location suggestions:

1.) Should I be concerned about the clearance between the downpipe and the chassis? Is there any way to increase the clearance via Tranny mount adjustment? new tranny mounts? New engine mounts?

Right side Downpipe Pic:

Left side Downpipe Pic (Clearance seems to be good on this side):

2.) I also included a picture of the top of the engine. Is it normal for the rear of the engine to be sloping down a little to the rear?

3.) Also a question regarding the rear portion of the supercharger where the elbow connects to MAF. Is it normal that the clearance between the elbow and the firewall is non existent? It's directly up against the firewall. Unfortunately I don't have a good shot of exactly what I'm talking about.

Any input would be great. Also, would anyone have any photos of others who have done this modification to their N/A G55 so we can get ideas of mounting areas for the intercooler, and water pump. Or if anyone can suggest where to place them. The instructions weren't to helpful in this regard since, the car pictured in the instruction manual is an S-class.
Could someone suggest where I could place the water pump:

Right now, I'm planning to mount the intercooler right behind the front bumper in front of the condenser unit where the air slots are located.
In this picture, it would be right behind the bumper:

Any ideas would be great!