CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

DIY - glovebox sag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG
Thumbs up DIY - glovebox sag

Hey Everyone,

I fixed my glovebox "sag". I would like to share some info on how to fix this... easiest fix of my life.

Steps:
1.) Take the metal piece that the glove box entry "door" clings onto when closing it and see if it wobbles back and forth. If it does, than continue. If not than there maybe another problem with your glovebox.

2.) Take out the cd changer out of the glove box (It is attached to three strips of velcro, so the way I took it out is by sliding a long screw driver under neath it and pulled on the cd changer.. be gentle though)

3.) Take a small "+" screwdriver and tighten the bolt that goes through the bottom of that metal latch piece. Make sure it is pushed back and even with the sides.

4.) Disconnect the wires from the cd changer and make sure that the fix worked by closing the glovebox. If not, play around with it a little. If it worked, plug the wires back into the cd changer and put it back into place.

5.) Close the glove box.

6.) Stare at the glove box for 15 minutes with joy.

7.) Go back into your house, get on your Computer and leave a "thanks" comment in my thread. lol.

P.S. - I hope these steps were easy to understand. If not, ask me questions. Some guy spent $116 dollars to have Mercedes fix this. Jump on it.