CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

SP Performance Rotors, any experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
SP Performance Rotors, any experience?

Guys,
Thanks to all who have helped me learn about my new to me, 2002 CLK55. After getting the B serice caught up, the PO let it slide for oh say 16k miles, , the next thing on my list is a brake upgrade. I have the stock AMG rivet wheels which I think are 17 and not 18 which rules out a BBK. Add to the price of a BBK and I just rather put the difference between the cost of a BBK and an upgrade of the lines, pads and rotors, toward a couple of other mild mods that I'd like to do on this clean ride. In that connection has anyone had any experience with SP Performance Rotors?
http://www.sp-performance.com/drilled_slotted.htm

They appear sufficiently confident in their proprietary drilling methods and coating material that it comes with a lifetime warranty against cracking. My plan at this point would be to hook these up with Hawk HPS pads all around and SS lines front and back and Super Blue fluid. Obviously before I pull the trigger on this setup I would like the input of folks here to see if there is any experience with these rotors, good or bad. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM

Wow no one in all of these thread views has any experience with these rotors or other products from this company.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Re-read the warranty page and tell us what you think.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 AM

Thanks for replying. Of course, I get that their warranty is a lot like thinking that you picked up the hot girl in that dark bar late last night only to find that she looks like her face was beat with a bag full of hammers by the cold light of morning. I was really just looking for any experience with the product by anyone in this group of folks who own and drive the same car as mine. Again, any experience with them, good or bad. My first choice was a set of Hawk rotors but I have only been able to find them for the rear, not the front, so far.