CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Valence replacement ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
Valence replacement ideas

Hi guys. When I test drove this car a couple of weeks ago the valence on the front bumper was missing. I made the dealer replace it as a condition of sale, which they did. See below.

Everything was fine until yesterday when I parked the car in a lot when I noticed that the valence had come off at some point during the previous 24 hours.

What are guys doing when this happens? I see a couple of options but I welcome other ideas.
1- Replace the valence with an OEM replacement piece and afix it to the posts with a combo of Gorrilla glue and wood screws, etc. whatever works so this stays put and does not become a recurring expense.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-w20...35e47b&vxp=mtr

2- Replace the bumper- seems radical, I worry about fitment, and changing the overall look of the 208 series AMG look. If this is what folks are doing what replacement stays close to the look and is really a bolt on replacement with no fitment issues.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-Me...c8bbc2&vxp=mtr

3-Keep the bumper and replace the valence with powder coated black wire mesh. This would stay with the general look and solve the problem of the piece falling off at will. If I go this way I would probably look at adding a set of fogs that match the OEM fogs lamps in the valence space with the wire mesh surrounding the fogs.

Ideas are most welcome. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Valence replacement ideas-pict0138.jpg