CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

oCarbon.com - looking for a few members to help us develop carbon fiber interior trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 Cabriolet, 2018 GLE 350
So how much did that 208 turn out to be. I have a 1998 CLK320 I am working on with my son this would look really good on if the price is right.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 PM

2000 CLK320
Originally Posted by OGCLK320
Post pictures of the kit installed on the 208.

I'd like to see that as well.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Hey guys,

Long time no updates, but I'm still looking for CLK owners who want sets made, particularly those who want some more custom pieces. We've got a lot of new colored fabrics in as well as some black ones with cool weaves.

I'd really like to find a few CLK people who'd like to go the custom route so I can get some more installed pictures of the custom fabrics we offer, along with some of the more custom pieces. I'm willing to give some discounts to those who are willing to be a little more adventurous.

If you see anything you want or have any ideas and want more info, feel free to shoot me an email at matt@ocarbon.com and we can discuss your options.

A few recent pics of custom pieces we've done.

This is a 2x2 twill fabric with threads of reflective red running through it (it's also available in copper, gold, silver, blue and green). The pics don't do it justice:

We've also been doing quite a few standard colored kevlar sets, like these few in red, yellow, and orange:

Aluminum coated fiberglass too:

Some non-traditional black weaves as well:

Keep in mind we can also do things like mirror caps, door sills, center caps for wheels, you name it:

Old 09-04-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Matt - PM sent on a project other than wrapping an interior. Look forward to hearing what you have to say. Thanks -
Old 10-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Couple new fabrics in now. Email me at matt@ocarbon.com if you're interested in having a set made.

Blue and red carbon/kevlar hybrid in a dual twill (it's woven slightly different than the standard carbon/kevlar 2x2 twill):

And reflective fabric in both silver and blue:

Old 10-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Teaser of a yellow carbon/kevlar set for a C63 and a silver black set for an Audi S4:

Old 10-24-2014, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Any luck finding an owner to do this with a W209?
Here's a photo of the interior...I have wood everywhere you see aluminum here....so two doors, the center column (4 parts?) and the glove box handle (alum. on mine).

estimate of cost? My car is black opal(blue w/pearl), so I'd be looking for carbon with blue bits.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w215 - CL55 w/stage III
Originally Posted by schorert1
Here's a photo of the interior...I have wood everywhere you see aluminum here....so two doors, the center column (4 parts?) and the glove box handle (alum. on mine).

estimate of cost? My car is black opal(blue w/pearl), so I'd be looking for carbon with blue bits.
I am local to these guys and sent them an email - they requested more info but I haven't heard back from them ... my concern is how big of a company are they ... they're very slow at communication to be a large company - reason for my concern is whats to say they screw up the trim and don't deliver at all and I'm stuck with no trim at all! to replace it new for a clk55 would be very pricey ... lets see what Matt says when he responds back - will keep you updated
Old 10-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Originally Posted by schorert1

estimate of cost? [/IMG]
Shoot me an email at matt@ocarbon.com and I can get you a quote.

Originally Posted by mguerrero
I am local to these guys and sent them an email - they requested more info but I haven't heard back from them ... my concern is how big of a company are they ... they're very slow at communication to be a large company - reason for my concern is whats to say they screw up the trim and don't deliver at all and I'm stuck with no trim at all! to replace it new for a clk55 would be very pricey ... lets see what Matt says when he responds back - will keep you updated
Hmm, I've responded to your emails in less than 24 hours. Pretty standard for a small specialty company. I wouldn't consider that "very slow."

We've been doing this for 10 years now, and it's all we do. If you're concerned about not getting your trim back because I can't answer your emails quicker (because I spend most of my day actually working on parts) then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:31 PM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III
Originally Posted by oCarbon
Shoot me an email at matt@ocarbon.com and I can get you a quote.

Hmm, I've responded to your emails in less than 24 hours. Pretty standard for a small specialty company. I wouldn't consider that "very slow."

We've been doing this for 10 years now, and it's all we do. If you're concerned about not getting your trim back because I can't answer your emails quicker (because I spend most of my day actually working on parts) then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Well, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying and for record if you want to be technical I responded to your email at 11.13a yesterday to be exact which was within 30 mins of receiving yours; so, thats not less than 24 hours has you've stated since its now 3.26p the following day ... so its been 28 hours but hey who's counting -- all I'm doing is trying to help the community by offering my services for yours, I mean I have a W209 car, I'm a professional photographer and ***** I'm LOCAL to you to boot!!! yet instead of you responding to my email from 28 hours ago we're here on mbworld ... so, if you're no longer in of a test vehicle let me know and I'll be on my way as I wasn't in the market for any custom trim at the moment ... its up to you my man!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:06 PM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III
its now 10/30 a full 6 days and I have yet to receive any emails or calls from this company ....
Old 10-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
its now 10/30 a full 6 days and I have yet to receive any emails or calls from this company ....
Per your last post, you weren't really in the market for custom trim. Since these parts won't be cheap or free (I'm not looking for a straight up trade for services) and I have several others who have contacted me who are in the market, I'm speaking with them.

Take care.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:22 PM

I heard from them in a couple of hours.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:49 PM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III
Per your last post, you weren't really in the market for custom trim. Since these parts won't be cheap or free (I'm not looking for a straight up trade for services) and I have several others who have contacted me who are in the market, I'm speaking with them.

Take care.
Lol - so because I said that I was originally NOT in the market for trim you decided to ignore me as a customer?? I was also not in the market to buy a photography lens yesterday when I walked into a store but guess what I bought one ... just because you aren't looking for something in specific doesn't mean you're not a customer - without "marketing" not many would be in the market to buy anything -- and if thats what you thought a simple reply to my email would have been sufficient instead of ignoring me as a customer ....

what it shows me is that you're like a Car Salesman - if you're a "just looking" customer you ignore the customer and the guy who gives the customer his attention and plants the seed is the one who scores the big sale!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Lol - so because I said that I was originally NOT in the market for trim you decided to ignore me as a customer?? I was also not in the market to buy a photography lens yesterday when I walked into a store but guess what I bought one ... just because you aren't looking for something in specific doesn't mean you're not a customer - without "marketing" not many would be in the market to buy anything -- and if thats what you thought a simple reply to my email would have been sufficient instead of ignoring me as a customer ....

what it shows me is that you're like a Car Salesman - if you're a "just looking" customer you ignore the customer and the guy who gives the customer his attention and plants the seed is the one who scores the big sale!
I respond to everyone, regardless if they are a "just looking" customer or not. I get A TON of emails (which is why it might take me a day or so to get back to people) and a very small percentage of them actually buy anything, so I can't have a mentality of a car salesman.

However, the reason you didn't get a response from me is because you publicly posted that we were "very slow" to respond to emails after you didn't hear back from me in 28 hours. This tells me you're a little impatient and have expectations for results quickly. Under normal circumstances, this would be fine for a customer paying full price, however, it isn't ideal for development project like this. These sets are sold at a discount as we work through the manufacturing difficulties and nuances of each part. Sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes it does not and takes longer to get right. I believe we've only done one other CLK set and it took significantly longer than we originally anticipated, I suspect the same will happen with the second and third sets until we figure better methods out.

For this reason, I made a judgement call that you wouldn't be a good fit for a project of this nature. I had planned on responding to you via email, but after you posted again that you "weren't really in the market for custom trim" and made it seem like you were no longer interested, I did not believe a response was required.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:06 PM

I had planned on responding to you via email, but after you posted again that you "weren't really in the market for custom trim" and made it seem like you were no longer interested, I did not believe a response was required.
Well, I'm sure that will be the final word on this subject....

Old 10-30-2014, 01:27 PM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III
I respond to everyone, regardless if they are a "just looking" customer or not. I get A TON of emails (which is why it might take me a day or so to get back to people) and a very small percentage of them actually buy anything, so I can't have a mentality of a car salesman.

However, the reason you didn't get a response from me is because you publicly posted that we were "very slow" to respond to emails after you didn't hear back from me in 28 hours. This tells me you're a little impatient and have expectations for results quickly. Under normal circumstances, this would be fine for a customer paying full price, however, it isn't ideal for development project like this. These sets are sold at a discount as we work through the manufacturing difficulties and nuances of each part. Sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes it does not and takes longer to get right. I believe we've only done one other CLK set and it took significantly longer than we originally anticipated, I suspect the same will happen with the second and third sets until we figure better methods out.

For this reason, I made a judgement call that you wouldn't be a good fit for a project of this nature. I had planned on responding to you via email, but after you posted again that you "weren't really in the market for custom trim" and made it seem like you were no longer interested, I did not believe a response was required.

if thats what you took from it then again like any other reputable business you should have sent email that would have taken 2 seconds to say "hey I don't think this is gonna be the right fit" ... heck I do that all the time with my customers -- if I hurt your feelings by posting that you were slow - then as a business its your responsibility to prove me otherwise -- but hey no loss to me as like I said I responded to your ad because I thought I'd be cool and would be helping YOU by providing you what so far no else has which "product shots" cuz we all know it don't matter if you sell a good product if your customers can't see it! THAT is the value that I brought to the table teh fact that I was local was even a bonus! I bet if you could just post pics of this product IN a CLK you'd have people buying it ... but hey no loss to me as like I stated, the day I responded to your ad I didn't wake up saying "hey I think I'm gonna buy some CF trim today"
Old 10-30-2014, 01:28 PM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III

oh btw my product photography services alone are worth MORE than what you sell this stuff for RETAIL
Old 10-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
if thats what you took from it then again like any other reputable business you should have sent email that would have taken 2 seconds to say "hey I don't think this is gonna be the right fit" ... heck I do that all the time with my customers -- if I hurt your feelings by posting that you were slow - then as a business its your responsibility to prove me otherwise -- but hey no loss to me as like I said I responded to your ad because I thought I'd be cool and would be helping YOU by providing you what so far no else has which "product shots" cuz we all know it don't matter if you sell a good product if your customers can't see it! THAT is the value that I brought to the table teh fact that I was local was even a bonus! I bet if you could just post pics of this product IN a CLK you'd have people buying it ... but hey no loss to me as like I stated, the day I responded to your ad I didn't wake up saying "hey I think I'm gonna buy some CF trim today"
No feelings were hurt, as we aren't friends, this is business. And again, I'm not looking for photography services (my ladyfriend owns a photography studio).

Had I known this was going to be a big back and forth, I would have sent you an email stating I wasn't interested, but given your post about not being in the market, I mistakenly assumed you didn't need a response.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
oh btw my product photography services alone are worth MORE than what you sell this stuff for RETAIL
They are worth what the market is willing to pay for them.

I'm sure you do very good work. However, since I have photography experience and equipment (my last "real" job was in a studio 10 years ago) and I currently date someone who is a full time professional photographer with her own studio, I'm not willing to pay for (or give larger discounts for) something that I can get at no cost. I'm just not looking to trade for photography. It isn't a reflection on you or the services you provide.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Some installed pics of our trim in a CL:

Old 12-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
A recent W204 set:

Old 01-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
A PDK shift knob we did for a Porsche GT3. We can do something similar with MB shift knobs:

Old 01-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
We just got done with these red carbon/kevlar seatbacks for an Audi A3. We haven't done anything like this for a Mercedes, but we could in almost any fabric. Email me at matt@ocarbon.com if you're interested in something like this:

Old 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Has anyone gotten parts for the w209 done? Any pics? What was the final price?