CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Is there any way to shut off the ESP...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 clk55 : '18 Canyon Duramax: :91 325i : #33 So Cal Spec E30
Is there any way to shut off the ESP...

...without disabling the ABS? I know about "dyno mode", but that just shuts everything down, right? And just pushing the button just seems to up the limits a bit...

I'm hoping to get the car out on a track for a few laps this weekend and I'd really like to not flat spot the tires. I like ABS but I don't mind slipping and sliding a bit!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
This might be late but:

You could practice in a safe location what each mode will acomplish,
I like to Autocross which eats tires but I leave the ESP on for safety and speed. I kinda trust the computer to adjust braking and acceleration since we dont have manual adjustable proportioning valves for each wheels brake like on a real race car with predictable track conditions.
Sliding and drifting are fun but what kind of track are you running?
I am 02 as well, the 06 has different status and adjustments.

Gator
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 clk55 : '18 Canyon Duramax: :91 325i : #33 So Cal Spec E30
Auto Club Speedway. I've run the car on the track before and the ESP cuts in waaaay earlier than it needs to, even with it "off".
Old 08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I have some harsh driving habits and let the car dictate fate or glory. The sheer power of this car in stock form only requires manual shifting for me.
I am not familiar with Auto Club Speedway but any circle track or road course would suggest minimal computer support with YOU controlling shift points and braking, wether moderate or severe depending on braking system mods.
I like computer support with manual shifting, In Autocross cornering speeds can approach 70 MPH while power braking into a 25 MPH curve. I never leave 2nd gear unless shaking an interloop. first to second gear upshifting and downshifting is all that's required depending on course.

There is an open Porsche class event I am going to in November @ Daytona. My Chip is 155 MPH but I am novice and going for the fun. The Camens and GT3 can reach 198-212 mph.

we will see, Going to get some video and have some fun.