CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
O2 sensor

Hi everyone. a few months ago I changed both of my primary O2 sensors on now 2002 CLK55. I purchased them from autohausaz and they are the car specific ones for this car not the universal ones. I kept getting P0135 heater circuit malfunction on bank 1 sensor one. I kept getting this a couple of times a week. so recently I bought another sensor again the specific one for this car for the bank 1 sensor 1 and also bought two new ones again the ones for this car for the secondarys. I changed the bank 1 sensor one with the new one and the rear ones with the new ones too so now all 4 sensors are brand new. but now I keep getting P0130 error code. I have driven on the new sensor for 110 miles and the errors keeps coming up every other day. any advise is appreciated. My MAF is also less than 6 months old. another symptom that I had was that some times I would turn on the car (once in a while) and the rpm would be spiking and dropping very drastically and I just shut off the car and turn it back on right away and the problem would disappear and I got the P0135 and P0120 which is throttle sensor malfunction but my throttle body and my throttle sensor are also less than 8 months old.

P.S all parts are oem no aftermarket here at all and all parts are brand new.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Hey VIP,

Last edited by GatorMB; 04-04-2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: removed waste of typing
Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The two can be related to bulkhead connections in drivers and or passenger kick panel area's.
Just getting home from work but I can show a photo of this later.
If you have wis or other manual locate the common ground and common voltage supply cable to both sensor circuits it is a start.
I bet something loose, corroded or plugged in loosly to the ECU I/O for the sensors. (study all connector's between sensors and ECU)

Never had to diagnose problems with the data acquisition unit's but it is something to consider as well. (BUS data interface to car's systems).

Electrical problems are a real bi@(h to diagnose on the forum but great learning for most.

Gator

Last edited by GatorMB; 04-04-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
Thanks gator, by bulk head do you mean the ground and positive main cables on the junction box under the gas pedal under the carpet? i'm very familiar with the wiring because last year I converted my 320 to 55 which included doing a full body harness swap because I had a ME2.0 and had to go to ME2.8. and I did the work myself so very familiar with the wiring. but the car didn't have any of these issues until I changed my O2 sensor. and the crazy throttle started after the car sat at the bodyshop for 4 months. I haven't had the crazy throttle at start up for a while now and spcially after I changed all the O2s but the check engine light with P0130 comes on 2 to 3 times a day since I changed my O2s.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry so late,

Been swinging a lot lately and working lots of odd hours is an instantaneous jet lag.

Indeed the bulkhead connections interface the interior to the engine compartment.
might be a straight shot to the ECU and fuse boxes though, the connectors under the carpets by the kick panels can collect moisture n French fries etc.

Other things to consider the o2 sensors might be telling the truth of another issue like a leaky injector.
If the body shop baked the car in the oven then temperature might have disturbed an item in the throttle cable sensor or throttle body.
Mine is overdue for inspection and cleaning as well. Its worth a shot.

Cheers, Gator