CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W208 color advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2014 | 04:11 PM

W208
W208 color advice

Hi guys, first time poster here, so I hope this isn't inappropriate.

I have recently joined the Mercedes family by getting a 2000 CLK 320. Awesome car, absolutely loving it. However, due to quite a high amount of rust, I have to get it resprayed. It's currently in the original silver, but I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of it (possibly because it's so old?).

As such, I want to see what you guys think if I would go with something darker, say the Palladium silver. How would it look on this car? If it makes any difference, I have black rims on it.
Old 04-06-2014 | 08:28 PM

Magma Red W208 55 AMG, W203 C230 Kompressor Sedan 6speed M/T, W220 S500
For future reference, owning a w208 320 you will get more frequent responses to your questions or needs in the regular w208 section, not the AMG threads. As far as the silver paint on your car, it's a great color. I'm pretty positive it's one of Mercedes most standard colors. Give it a good detailing and I'm positive you will love it. Its a color that says, classy yet not too flashy. Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2014 | 02:17 AM

W208
Originally Posted by MagmaRed55
For future reference, owning a w208 320 you will get more frequent responses to your questions or needs in the regular w208 section, not the AMG threads. As far as the silver paint on your car, it's a great color. I'm pretty positive it's one of Mercedes most standard colors. Give it a good detailing and I'm positive you will love it. Its a color that says, classy yet not too flashy. Hope this helps.
Oh wow, I did not notice it's the AMG section! Could this be somehow moved into the normal one?

Thanks for your opinion, I'll be looking some more into it. The shop gave me three rings with pretty much all Mercedes colours, so I do have a lot to choose from. My thinking now is, that if I stick with normal silver, I'll go for a different one than the Brilliant silver. Ideally I'd want something in-between the Brilliant and Palladium silver, but can't find anything like that

Luckily I have until the end of the week to think it over some more before they start the work.