CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

M113 Engine Repair Northern Va.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014 | 09:30 PM

2003 Chevy Tahoe
M113 Engine Repair Northern Va.

After the last service A I was told the CLK55 has a minor rear main seal leak. They told me no immediate concern, as long as I kept a close watch on the oil level.

Being compulsively retentive when it comes to maintenance I'd rather get it fixed sooner rather than later. I've also discovered the extended warranty I purchased with the vehicle will most likely cover it.

So - I could go to the dealer..., not likely. I've checked out German Auto Group, Benz Elite, Mars Auto Group and a number of other indie shops. Can't say I'd necessarily trust any of them working on my engine - without some solid references from the group.

So wondering if anyone has experience and a solid recommendation for a shop to work on the M113 in the Northern VA. - Maryland area? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2014 | 07:43 AM

2006 E320 CDI
Being that you have the extended warranty, the dealer would be my first choice. Saying that, Benz Elite always treated me good, and they worked with my extended warranty company (Chrysler).
One thing with the dealer is that once they have someone working on your vehicle, they will work on it all day until finished. With indie shops, the mechanics may jump from vehicle to vehicle since they may have many vehicles to work on.
Mike T.
Old 05-04-2014 | 08:30 AM

2003 Chevy Tahoe
Mike - at first glance dealer appears to be the logical choice - until you realize a cat/res delete and ECU tune...