CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CD plays but no sound , no CDC message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 eE550
CD plays but no sound , no CDC message

Intermittent my radio sound will work. When I insert a CD it's will play through the CD tracks but there will be no sound. When I try to switch to the CD changer is NO CDC Changer.
05 clk 55, HK system

Any suggestions & thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 AM

W208 CLK55 AMG, W203 C32 AMG, W163 M Class Sport
It could be the head unit or the amp malfunctioning. You could pull the unit and check your connections.

If everything's connected correctly I would just rip out and upgrade the navigation system. It's outdated and would make more sense upgrading than repairing or trying to troubleshoot. Kenwood, Alpine, or Pioneer have some nice modern options.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 PM

2011 eE550
I tried

Originally Posted by beefstallionAMG
It could be the head unit or the amp malfunctioning. You could pull the unit and check your connections.

If everything's connected correctly I would just rip out and upgrade the navigation system. It's outdated and would make more sense upgrading than repairing or trying to troubleshoot. Kenwood, Alpine, or Pioneer have some nice modern options.
I think it is my head unit, I bought the fiber optic bypass connector and my stuff still isn't working. So a new head unit? Would that mean replacing the entire system? A few threads were saying aftermarket will not connect with the factory loop?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
His symptom is that of a fiber connection or hardware failure with the CD changer.

These fiber cables are delicate and should not be rough housed handled. They are also next to the battery which invites more damage.

When the D2B fiber loop is broken or upgraded then programming was necessary to get all functions back from the telematics command systems. 2002 had voice controls.

They are outdated and easily removed and replaced with newer blue tooth, Ipod, Iphone and android interface. It is likely that steering wheel controls will be compromised.
The best forums on this is by skylaw in telematics. He knows these cars well.

Cheers, Gator

Last edited by GatorMB; 06-17-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added content
Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM

W208 CLK55 AMG, W203 C32 AMG, W163 M Class Sport
Originally Posted by Mybad55
I think it is my head unit, I bought the fiber optic bypass connector and my stuff still isn't working. So a new head unit? Would that mean replacing the entire system? A few threads were saying aftermarket will not connect with the factory loop?
To make the steering wheel controls work you need the PAC SWI-RC and two other units. The kit is about $200 from Crutchfield. It's tricky but you can do it yourself. There are a few new threads on here that I posted in about it.

Try the site search function and you'll find some info.