CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Ragtop Repair NoVA/MD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Ragtop Repair NoVA/MD

Seems I've developed a leak in my ragtop near the front corner driver's side. After a short drive in a recent rain storm I noticed the driver's side corner of the headliner right along the gap between the upper windscreen and the vert top was soaking wet. The velour on the A pillar was completely dry. I partially opened the top and noticed a significant amount of water between the ragtop and the headliner.

So I think I've got a leak in the ragtop seal along the front left side of the vert top. Anyone know of a ragtop repair shop in NoVA or MD? Better, any advice/experience with a DIY repair?

Since I don't usually drive her in the rain it's not an emergency, but I'm rather OCD when it comes to maintenance - so I'd like to address the issue before the winter WX closes in. Thanks ~
Old 09-16-2014, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I would like to see a DIY for the top as well,

Must have been a he!! of a storm. Most are reporting water puddling into the top while sitting and getting a cold shoulder when driving. The water normally seeps in around the back of the front window.
Mine started as the top is 12 years and Florida has had its share of rain this season.

I fabbed a makeshift water barrier out of a $5.00 tarp from Harbor Freight with a few pieces of small bungee. Works good and keeps the tree and bird fallout off.

Gator

Last edited by GatorMB; 09-16-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Check to see if the drains are plugged that look like funnels on each side of the front seal that sits on the windshield header - they are basically on top of each A pillar.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Yidney - will do when I get home. I'm OCD when it comes to maintenance and detailing. I clean and prep the vert top seals weekly but will specifically check the A pillar drains when I get home. Spending a week on the OBX beaches.