CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

am i allowed to paint my calipers on a leased car? need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
am i allowed to paint my calipers on a leased car? need help.

lemme know if its allowed to paint calipers on a leased car. also, does changing to h&r springs void the warranty?
Old 02-11-2004, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 E430 Sport 38K 18'' Brabus mono block V Chrome/BMW Green (E34) 5 Spd. Chip Intake Exhaust, etc.
You bet! Any modifications to the stock appearance of your car can potentially affect your turn in costs. Remember leasing cars is a business and businesses’ are fundamentally orchestrated to make money. . .Fortunately, the modification(s) you desire can easily be removed at the end of your lease in a few hours. Why you would want to paint brake calipers is well beyond me, it’s like the kids putting stickers on their windows, but even brake caliper paint can be removed if need be. (I promise you will not stop any faster)
Other quickie items like shocks, springs, strut bars, audio/video systems intake, exhaust, and computer/chip mods. etc. Can all be easily removed and the car be taken back to “bone stock” in a matter of hours. First, you want to dig out and reread the parameters of your lease. The Lessor may, or may not charge you for any modification, ding, scratch, etc. however there may be a cap on the total turn in charges. If this cap on the turn in charges is agreeable to you then paint away! Who knows, maybe you can find one of those Calvin stickers for your window! =) Happy motoring, -Todd