CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Brake Light....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 AMG
Brake Light....

Hello guys!

Recently i've reached out for help concerning the RED brake light notification that came up in my w220 S430 I know this forums if for the CLK"s but the guys over at the S-Class are not as knowledgeable in my experience and get better responses in the CLK's side of the website..

Anyhow-- This is the problem im having now:

My car has the red brake light on the instrument cluster which prevents me from shifting the car out of park with the rear brake light turned on continuously even without depressing the brake pedal. I've changed the brake switch and the steering angle sensor and I am still getting error C1200 with my iCarSoft Scanner Currently im just googling and stu[dying] the system to see if I can rule out another possible solution Can any of you help me on this? Perhaps do test's ?

thanks
Old 11-27-2015, 08:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 Clk55 AMG
Just a shot in the dark, but make sure the master cylinder reservoir is not low.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 AMG
Originally Posted by Chadzu
Just a shot in the dark, but make sure the master cylinder reservoir is not low.
Its full, read somewhere that a "caliper with low brakeF" my cause this. but it did not made sense since calipers don't have fluid sensors.. (haven't tried it)

This happened after riding the car with the rear suspension faulty= was very high do to level sensor falling out of place and causing airmatic system to overfill the shocks (Since I went to the indie and he could not come up with a solution I proceeded to do a forums suggestion that indicated to ride the car at 60MPH so the airmatic - resets...)

This event was the trigger for the brake light on the dash and the headlight lamp switch working in one one mode..

The brake light is what concerns me but I think it might be related to some wiring inside the dash since the cars lights were also flashing and acting erratically after riding it with the rear-suspension in the condition were it felt like riding a horse

I think its a problem in the circuitry cause the computer is okay i tried 2 used in working condition with the same part number as my ESP MODULE to confirm its condition.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Dmtypr; 11-28-2015 at 01:28 AM.