CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

What have you seen lately that astonished you? MB related

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 02:14 AM

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
What have you seen lately that astonished you? MB related

Hello members. Doubt this is the place for it but since I am part of this forum and fall under this category and two of the cars were from here, I think its okay to post it here.

So Friday afternoon nearing my home town area, I see my car behind me. I was like could my brother be driving it? Nooooo coz he knows the brake pads are shot. So I wait till it passes me and indeed it was a white W209 AMG but it was a CLK63 coupe face lift with the dual exhaust and that 63 wheel that the E63 and CLK63 had.

Anyway Saturday there was a function held in the Central Business District of my home town area. Seem like rich folk getting married. I was there to pick up food at a shop nearby and believe it or not, one of the icon cars I feel.........An SLR McLaren in silver. This is the 2006 model or 2005 model one I think with the gull wing doors and the exhaust exiting the rear of the front passenger wheel. Damn what a car. I should have went and taken photos of her.

Sunday after work, cruising along the freeway and here I see this W209 coming up. Its wide all round could it be? I seen them for sale on the net here for R700 000 to R1mil depending on mileage but damn. It was a W209 CLK63 BS AMG. What a beaut. To top it off, the driver was a chick but I admire her for cruising in it and not raping the krap out of the car. Was able to really admire the workmanship and crafting of the Germans for this car and the SLR. Reminded me of the topic in the W204 registry on the fake exhaust tips equipped on later model AMG cars.

So what did you guys see lately that made you appreciate your car or Mercedez on the whole for the great cars produced and manufactured from Germany?