CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

HPS Supercharger Install Status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55
HPS Supercharger Install Status

Worked most of the weekend installing the charger. I have taken my time do this and in no hurry.

When running, you can not even hear the blower. I will test some more later in the week.

One thing is that a couple of vacuum lines need to be moved to the front of the blower. This is not in the instructions and is a later add-in.

I have the water to air setup and will play with it this weekend. I expect 1.7-2psi drop in pressure.

With gas prices so high, I think I will take it easy.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
No flame but good luck. You might want to do a for *timster* (member) and see his experience and results with HPS.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:42 AM

CLK 55
Supercharger

We are all well aware of this person. We all prefer not to bring him up on this board.

The unit is very professional and well made. Its a very complete kit with a good install guide. Of course all manuals could use a little work. If you know cars, it is a breeze to install.

I have found a air-to-water setup that will look great.

Someone needs to tell all the other companies that $15k for a SC is crazy. The new pricing at HPS is on target for the volume.

I will get some pics out later.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much is the hps supercharger for the 430?? I also agree that 11k is way too much for a supercharger especially when they were selling for 15 before. The profit margin must be crazy... Alot of the dudes on the board are in evosport and kleemans back pocket so they always try to bring up that old hps thread...
Old 05-19-2004, 02:45 AM

03 CLK55
Exclamation Even more so...

Originally posted by J Lucas
how much is the hps supercharger for the 430?? I also agree that 11k is way too much for a supercharger especially when they were selling for 15 before. The profit margin must be crazy... Alot of the dudes on the board are in evosport and kleemans back pocket so they always try to bring up that old hps thread...
When superchargers for some of the domestics can be bought for about $3000. Granted, any MB aftermarket tuner is going to sell a whole lot fewer superchargers than your average domestic brand, so the development and production costs as well as profits will have to be spread over fewer units, but all the same, $15-16k is a bit much (Kleemans previous/Renntechs current price range). I think that allot of the reason why it had cost so much before was simply because people thought that was reasonable. Now there is some competetion, and people are getting becoming better educated about the products available. While I'm not big on the idea of a Vortech centrifugal supercharger on an AMG, can you imagine what will happen then?

Best regards,
Matt