CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Leaving the country...Selling my CLK 55 cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Range Rover, 02 S 600, 02 Yukon
Unhappy Leaving the country...Selling my CLK 55 cab

Well as luck would have it I will be returning to the Middle East for personal reasons by the end of june. Thus, I am going to be selling my 2002 CLK 55 cabriolet. I managed to pick up one of the first cabs in july, so I have had the car almost for 10 mths. The car has 15,000 miles on it (too many trips to the cape) but most are highway miles to the cape from Boston. The car has all options plus the 3M stonegaurd and would cost with gass guzzler, luxury tax, options and 3M protection, somewhere close to 87k. However, I need to sell, and the car has 15k miles on it, so I am listing the car for $73,500 obo which I think is fair. The car runs beautifully and is a real pleasure to drive, please email if interested:

2002 CLK 55 cabriolet
Silver/charcoal
Voice activated phone and CD changer
Comand
3M protection
AMG shiftknob
15,000 miles

nabzy@aol.com
Old 04-16-2002, 12:26 AM

'01 CLK 55
You will be missed!, your CLK Holiness....Hopefully the reasons for your departure is not of a too serious nature. Stay in touch and keep us posted if you reclaim your "Godliness" when you get there.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
nabzy,

That's a great price and will be a prized possession for the lucky buyer.

Straighten out the mess in that area of the world, and please assure us an adequate supply of gas so that we don't have to change our CLKs to hybrid Hondas and/or Toyotas.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:48 AM

ML 500 Sport
NABZ...Sorry to hear you are leaving....we will miss sharing your thoughts on our favorite car!...hope you will stay in touch as you relocate.

I have a question for you: I am thinking about my choice of interior for the SL... Didn't your 430Cab have the Ash interior?
If so....which do you prefer...the Ash or the Charcoal in the open top car? I am a little concerned about charcoal seats being too warm in the sun...vs...cleaning issues with the Ash...Thanks..

I wish I could buy your car...I am sure it has been well cared for!
All the best,

jco
Old 04-16-2002, 10:22 AM

2004 Range Rover, 02 S 600, 02 Yukon
interior choice

first thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated

jco - i had the two tone ash/dark ash on my 430 cab, looked stunning, and would take it over plain charcoal anytime...but if it were a choice between ash and charcoal that would be difficult. I would probably lean more towards charcoal, seeing as you are on the east coast, probable re-sale value and classic silver /charcoal combination on a mercedes. Even the ash/dark as was a pain to keep clean, especially in a convertible where the seats are more prone to the elements, thus Ash could be a nightmare.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:34 AM

Nabzy - good luck on your move. I have enjoyed your messages on this board over the years.

JCO - I have a 430 Cab with the ash/dark ash interior. It is much better than the charcoal for staying cool, but as Nabzy said, does require alittle more work keeping clean. One thing to think about -- the color of the seat belts. Mine are light and stay cool. I was told about this issue by a friend who has a Porsche cab. His seatbelts are black and he noticed that whenever he was out in sunny weather with the top down, he would get very hot, especially when driving into direct sunlight. He realized it was from the dark shoulder belt across his chest. It is something one doesn't consider, but probably creates more discomfort during driving than the actual color of the seats, which eventually cool down. I assume that the charcoal interior has a charcoal or black seat belt. The ash/dark ash interior of the CLK cab has a light seat belt, so I haven't had the problem.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:29 PM

ML 500 Sport
Richard and Nabz...

Wow...I hadn't thought about the seat belt issue...thanks for the heads up...the SL 55 interiors are two-toned...two-tones of charcoal...or two tones of ash...resale is not an issue to me as this is a "keeper". I am leaning toward the Ash as this will be a "fair weather" car...with limited use...so cleaning will be less of an issue. Exterior will definitely be a dark color...will settle on that after seeing more of the colors in the flesh...thanks again for the imput.