CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Keyless Go Issues/Guidance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK55 AMG
Keyless Go Issues/Guidance

Hey guys, I've got an 05 CLK55 AMG and my key fob barely works to lock and unlock my driver door using the IR sensor on the driver door handle. The only reason this concerns me is that my driver door won't lock or unlock using the keyless go feature of pressing the square button on the outside of the handle or pressing the button on the inside of the handle.

I tried the test of locking the car, peering through the window with the keys at least 10 feet away, and repeatedly pressing the square button on each of the door and trunk handles to see if a message of "Key Not Recognized" would come up on the instrument cluster. The message only came up when trying to open or press the buttons on the passenger door and the trunk. No message displayed when pressing any buttons on the driver side door handle.

I can lock and unlock the passenger side door by just walking up to it with the key fob in my pocket. I am also able to open my trunk and use the button next to the trunk latch to lock the car with the key fob in my pocket.

I also am not able to use the keyless go push to start on the shift knob. I get a super annoying beeping every time I open the door with a message on the dash telling me "Key do not forget Key". The driver door IR sensor works but it is very intermittent during the day/in the sun. I read that the keyless go system uses the 3 keyless go antennae in the car to triangulate the location of the key fob. This means that it cant detect that it is in the driver seat in my pocket if something in the driver door isn't working.

I swapped the passenger keyless go antennae with the driver's side antennae to see if that fixes anything but the system operates exactly as before. Only the passenger and trunk keyless go functions work as normal. This means that both the driver and passenger antennae are working properly.

This leads me to think it could be a bad control module or something similar in the driver door.

The main reason I have not ordered parts to test out is that I'm not sure if the new control module and IR sensor have to be initialized or programmed by the dealer. I also am unsure if the key fob I have will work with the keyless start because I only have one key fob and am not sure if it is the original key fob.

Do you guys have any suggestions or insight into the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
Find someone with factory diagnostics who will find the fault in five minutes or continue on with your costly FUYA approach.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK55 AMG
Not sure what FUYA means and even Urban Dictionary has no clue but good insult.

I was asking to see if people have had issues with the driver side KG control module. A lot of times these electronic parts go out due to a resistor or capacitor failure on the circuitry. Wasn't sure if that was the case here and would save me a ton of money. The MB dealership is definitely an option but I've already got an $2000 rear main seal replacement expense coming up soon so im trying to keep total costs down.

​​​​​​Thanks for your help though 👌