CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W208 CLK55 Hard Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
W208 CLK55 Hard Limp Mode

I need help!!! Looking for a scanner, besides an SDS that will reset the transmission codes for a 2001 clk55 (w208) with the 722.6 transmission. Just recently changed the conductor plate and the guide sleeve for the 13 pin connector. Wiring is good and no trans fluid in the wiring or near the TCU, everything is dry. I need to find a scanner that will reset the trans codes and get it out of 2nd gear limp mode. I have already tried the Launch Creader VII+, and the iCarsoft MB II. Both were presumed capable of resetting the codes but sadly not for my car. Does anyone know for sure if there is any other scanner out there, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that will reset transmission codes on my car? Or is my only choice shelling out the money for an SDS or going to a shop and having them reset it? Anyone who has already done this and has a surefire proven scanner, please let me know. Much appreciated
Old 10-14-2018, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I normally use my right foot but in some cases it ends up in my mouth. haha

To reset the transmission adaptive strategy memory. Just get in the car make sure all accessories are off including radio and AC. When all is silent with all doors and windows closed.

turn key to pos1 put foot on gas pedal to floor slowly and hold for 2 min. You will hear a click for reset. Slowly remove foot then key.

Party on. any hard codes are likely not reset able without servicing.

Cheers, Gator