CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

help! lease on my 01 w208 clk is ending in 3 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
help! lease on my 01 w208 clk is ending in 3 months

the end is approaching. my 3 year lease of my 01 w208 clk55 is coming to a close in 3 months and i'm beginning to freak out. this car has been unbelievable, ive loved every minute of driving it. the handling, the beauty, that roar of the v8, man, i dont know what to do. i have a few options, but i need peoples advice. i can choose to extend my lease (or buy) the car, but im sorta hesitant considering the warranty ends in a year. if i choose not to keep it, im looking at switching to either an e46 m3 or possibly a new w209 clk55, esp. with the new revised 05 version. i have to say though, as much as i do love the 208, i am craving to drive a manny again, i miss the thrill. auto just gets too boring. and i truly believe the 208 looks better than the 209, im not a big fan of the 209. so it basically comes down to keeping the clk or going with the m3, what do you guys think? even though its a manny, do you guys feel that the driving experience will be all that better? i pretty much hear nothing will compare the 208s (and other amgs) v8 power and torquey nature. i dunno, i just need help and i dont know what to do. any feed back would be great.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
ive been an owner of all three at point or another... and i have to say... i agree with alot of what you had to say. sounds as though you crave that manual... i understand, i know this is gonna get me alot of garbage on the forum... but i prefer the e46 to the other two. i too liked the 208 to the 209. i think the amg's pull harder off the line..but the m3 offers a much different driving experience that is like no other. no one can tell you what to do, but let me put it this way...the only of the three i still own is the m3.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:00 AM

2001 CLK 430 Silver
The manual will be fun for about 2 months and then you will get tired of shifting all the time, depends on how much you are on your cell and drinking cokes, I say buy the 208 and get a extended warranty, there not making anymore 208s and they WILL be a classic just my .02
Old 06-14-2004, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
My advice?

Take the emotional aspect out of the transaction first. What makes the most financial sense?

Would you lease the 209 or E46 M3?

Crunch the numbers first, then let your other priorities fall in place.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:46 PM

SLK32
Originally posted by Chappy
My advice?

Take the emotional aspect out of the transaction first. What makes the most financial sense?

Would you lease the 209 or E46 M3?

Crunch the numbers first, then let your other priorities fall in place.
Listen to Chappy.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
As always, about priorities. For the average guy, I'd go for the W209. I had an M3, sold it for my E (I'm not old or nerdy, just drive a lot). M3 manual pretty much sucks. lightweight, notchy, and bad feel. SMG is different story. Harsher ride. If you had a 2nd car, I'd say get the M3 hands down. Also, I sold the M3 mainly because I did not fit at 6'3, and rarely got to use it as it was inteded. With the coming changes, the 05 will be hard to pass up. If you work 1/2 mile from home, maybe M3 is better choice..

Plus, you can always supercharge the W209, if you do that to the M3, you have a nuclear meltdown.

Another consideration: in comparisson, the M3 has no *****. You really have to rev it to make power, 4-5K rpm until you feel it. Makes fine for a racecar, but impractical for "daily driving" where its all about low end torque. M3 lacks.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Almost a Member!

If i were you i would definately not keep your current CLK. There is nothing like having a brand new car.

Here are some of my suggestions:

C55 AMG- nice car, 4 doors, good for everyday, has potent V8
Audi S4: cheaper, V8, manual, and a different experience

But in reality, i would go with the M3 with SMG.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:01 PM

06 SL55
well i would go drive the new W209 and see if you like it or not, I love both body styles. That would be a hard decision to make.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:35 AM

W208 55 & R170 230
I would go for the W209 55.,

When you see a 20 years old driving the same E46 M3 as you are with blue color xenon., you will regret you didn't get a much more elegent car.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:47 PM

04 M3, 05 R1
Originally posted by mtimmy
I would go for the W209 55.,

When you see a 20 years old driving the same E46 M3 as you are with blue color xenon., you will regret you didn't get a much more elegent car.
you are so right. i seen a lot of 20 year olds driving those E46 m3s. but I've never seen anyone that drives CLK 55 that young. also, in Jersey the M3s are soo common. I seen 5 different e46 m3s just yesterday alone driving home.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by termigni
you are so right. i seen a lot of 20 year olds driving those E46 m3s. but I've never seen anyone that drives CLK 55 that young. also, in Jersey the M3s are soo common. I seen 5 different e46 m3s just yesterday alone driving home.
Hey now hey now.. I'm 23, and I wasn't a spoiled punk*ss when I had my M3.. cut me some slack! And now I drive an E500, so now its image is tarnished as well..
Old 06-19-2004, 02:02 PM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Super Charge the 208, and use the warranty from that. End of story.

Just think about it. The classic looks of the 208 and endless power that will leave 98% of the cars on the road. Gives me shivers just thinking about it. BRRRR Is it cold in here?? :p

BTW, I came from a M3 and M Roadster. You can not compare either one to the CLK55. They don't age well and they just generally feel cheaper.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:10 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
It's true lots of 20 something's driving around in M3's especially where I live (S FL). In addition, the M3 will be undergoing a big change in about a year and a half or so to a V8 and all new body style. Thirdly you are used to the mighty torque of a 5.5 v8 the M3 can't touch that all though they are plenty fast but with a *****ty exhaust note IMHO. The 209 is not a butch as the 208 but when all the windows are down and with the right rims it really rocks. Hopefully the 05 with it's quad exhaust,new rims and center console will push you in the right direction. Remember... There's no replacement for displacement!

Last edited by RJC; 06-21-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:02 AM

CLK55
im only 20 i drive a w209 clk55

Old 06-21-2004, 12:05 AM

CLK55
Originally posted by Big Terry
The manual will be fun for about 2 months and then you will get tired of shifting all the time, depends on how much you are on your cell and drinking cokes, I say buy the 208 and get a extended warranty, there not making anymore 208s and they WILL be a classic just my .02
i went from driving my 330 for 2 years and half , (5 speed) to the CLK55 and its one of the biggest downgrades and sacrifices i have ever made....slushbox is a POS and my car is getting boring....stickshift keeps me entertained in the traffic

im good at multitasking, i can talk on the phone, eat a burrito and **** at the same time, hell i can even txt someone and do all that :-D stick is fun

so if its what your looking for in a car the CLK is not a good way to go thats just my opinion
Old 06-21-2004, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by AMIL
i went from driving my 330 for 2 years and half , (5 speed) to the CLK55 and its one of the biggest downgrades and sacrifices i have ever made....slushbox is a POS and my car is getting boring....stickshift keeps me entertained in the traffic

im good at multitasking, i can talk on the phone, eat a burrito and **** at the same time, hell i can even txt someone and do all that :-D stick is fun

so if its what your looking for in a car the CLK is not a good way to go thats just my opinion
Uh, how can you possibly call it a downgrade and a sacrafice just because you went from manual to auto. fit and finish is not even close with mb, let alone the dynamics of the car are completely different. is it a different car? completely. probably never should have considered the MB if its the slushbox you dont like. no offense, but at least give credit when due, and qualify your statements objectively, not subjectively.

Might help too if you actually paid for it. Maybe you did..
Old 06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Brav
Uh, how can you possibly call it a downgrade and a sacrafice just because you went from manual to auto. fit and finish is not even close with mb, let alone the dynamics of the car are completely different. is it a different car? completely. probably never should have considered the MB if its the slushbox you dont like. no offense, but at least give credit when due, and qualify your statements objectively, not subjectively.

Remember he's only 20...:p
Old 06-21-2004, 11:14 AM

hmmmm

Did this guy just compare a W209 CLK55 to a BMW 330? WTF?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:39 PM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Makes you wonder if he bought the car on his own or if it's daddy's car?? Notice he has no mods on his car, and when you're his age you're wanting to mod the hell out of cars. If anything it's mommy and daddy's money.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:00 PM

Hey Kaps - Where in Jersey are you located? If you pass on the 208, I'll take it off your hands.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 PM

CLK55

how i paid for the car is none of your business, (yes i had help with a downpayment, and yes i make my own payments) any other questions are completely none of your business...(ie my fico score or something)

anyway it was my opinon and I do have the right to compare my e46 330ci to this car cause i did OWN The TWO vehicles
warning these items listed below are not here for me to be flamed at , iim

1. handling on the clk55 almost compares to the 330 (imo i think the 330 handles a bit better)

2. i miss my manual and thats something i have a right to complain about!

3. i mean come on the clk is based on the chasis of the C so i mean its almost comparable to a 3 series when it comes to chasis wise

now let me talk about the pro's

1. the v8, and the great torque

2. comfy seats

3. i mean the ability to finger a girl and drive (having a slushbox now and all)

-----------------------------------

so there you have it my review .... my opinion !

i mean the great thing is though i have two v8's to switch off with , my brothers z06 and my clk55 so when i want to take the twisties and drive in a 6 speed i take his car out, when i feel like cruising i'll take my car

but if i can go back which i cant i would get the e46 m3 conv. or a used rs6 (as much as i hate the 3 series with all its faulty designs)

i'll just wait till the e90m3 comes out and i'll look into it

sorry for going WAY off topic but i wanted to clear up things before more flaming started

Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 PM

CLK55
Originally posted by 55 ON IT
Makes you wonder if he bought the car on his own or if it's daddy's car?? Notice he has no mods on his car, and when you're his age you're wanting to mod the hell out of cars. If anything it's mommy and daddy's money.
lmao i just bought my car and i have huge plans do you not see the NEW plate on the car

mod plans include

1.(custom widebody) will massproduce and sell
2. HRE's (not sure which model yet though, considering 540R)
3, Suspension, im still doing research to see who has the best suspension
4. Custom CF lip (massproduction will also be made and sold)
5. Custom hood( again massproduction will be made)
6. Crazy ICE , like no other you can imagine (hopefully , imight just do it simple)
7. Supercharger (still researching)

bro WHO ARE YOU to TELL me anything?
i'll buy you and send you to some third world country as my slave

for god sakes my car audio and tuning shop is opening in northridge , ca in about 3 months
www.cda-tuning.com/index.php
(im still working on the catalog the site should be running in two months)
i guess you havent seen my last 330 and all my mods

www.cd-a.net/car.jpg

bro you guys are soo immature its not even funny , i mean the people flaming dont even own a clk55 ...whatever it is

i want peace so stop, ok? thats all im going to ask for , i come on here for kicks and laughs and talk about the w209 i dont expect for people to come and start talking about my finacial backround and how my vehicle gets paid for

and yes you guys did press the wrong buttons thats why im pissed so excuse me

Last edited by AMIL; 06-23-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:43 PM

lmao i just bought my car and i have huge plans do you not see the NEW plate on the car

mod plans include

2. HRE's (not sure which model yet though, considering 540R)
3, Suspension, im still doing research to see who has the best suspension
4. Custom CF lip (massproduction will also be made and sold)
5. Custom hood( again massproduction will be made)
6. Crazy ICE , like no other you can imagine (hopefully , imight just do it simple)
7. Supercharger (still researching)

bro WHO ARE YOU to TELL me anything?
i'll buy you and send you to some third world country as my slave

for god sakes my car audio and tuning shop is opening in northridge , ca in about 3 months
www.cda-tuning.com/index.php
(im still working on the catalog the site should be running in two months)
i guess you havent seen my last 330 and all my mods

www.cd-a.net/car.jpg

bro you guys are soo immature its not even funny , i mean the people flaming dont even own a clk55 ...whatever it is

i want peace so stop, ok? thats all im going to ask for , i come on here for kicks and laughs and talk about the w209 i dont expect for people to come and start talking about my finacial backround and how my vehicle gets paid for

and yes you guys did press the wrong buttons thats why im pissed so excuse me
owned lol!.....btw what widebody kit are you producing/selling? the f1 one? that would be dope

edit: the dtm one not f1

Last edited by enter; 06-23-2004 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:12 PM

SL55
dont forget about the widebody on the Sl55

Why does everybody always flame on how somebody got their car? who cares

Last edited by mfspolo; 06-23-2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

3. i mean the ability to finger a girl and drive (having a slushbox now and all)

-----------------------------------

so there you have it my review .... my opinion !

Okay.....what's going on here?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help! lease on my 01 w208 clk is ending in 3 months