CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W208 CLK55 Serious help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 08:14 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2001 clk 55 amg
W208 CLK55 Serious help please

Hey guys, my water pump was shot, dumping coolant and wining. I replaced the pump, pulley, idler, tensioner and belt. Everything was working great. Did 125 miles no issues.

Pump was warrantied through fcp euro Mercedes Benz genuine.

This morning driving to work in the snow, coolant light comes on. Check it, resovoir is empty. Coolant dumping from the weep hole. No bearing noise or wine.

Anyone have any experience? Seems the weep hole is for the bearing seal once it goes it will start dumping coolant.

Do do you guys think it could just be a bad pump? Any other possibilities of what it could be?

Nothing really else to do other than get a new pump, what if it happens again though any thoughts?

Thanks guys
Old 03-02-2019, 06:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2001 clk 55 amg
Hey guys, update is the issue is more common to happen when hvac/heat is on. Seems to get worse with increase in fan speed.

Also, when hvac is on there is vibrations in the steering from 60-80, hvac off car runs fine no vibrations...

thats really throwing me off.

Originally Posted by quik55
Hey guys, my water pump was shot, dumping coolant and wining. I replaced the pump, pulley, idler, tensioner and belt. Everything was working great. Did 125 miles no issues.

Pump was warrantied through fcp euro Mercedes Benz genuine.

This morning driving to work in the snow, coolant light comes on. Check it, resovoir is empty. Coolant dumping from the weep hole. No bearing noise or wine.

Anyone have any experience? Seems the weep hole is for the bearing seal once it goes it will start dumping coolant.

Do do you guys think it could just be a bad pump? Any other possibilities of what it could be?

Nothing really else to do other than get a new pump, what if it happens again though any thoughts?

Thanks guys