CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

pixels return

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clk55
pixels return

The 2001 clk55 amg sat for Jan. and Feb. Now the pixels in the drive select and clock went from about 10% to about 70%. I set the clock for the first time as owner. What causes this change? The temp. display is still all black.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW's and my AMG
I come from BMW's and have dealt with pixel issues in the past. Being a CLK55 owner now, I need to address this on my cluster as well. Typically, it is the ribbon cable and the contacts are nasty and loose contact. They have ones that don't require heat to fix and you can line them up and "tape" them down.

Again, I'm newer to Mercedes ownership. Hopefully, someone that has done this to our chassis will chime in. I believe I have used AKSPEEDO in the past for my BMW's. I have had other issues and projects so I haven't even looked in suppliers for the W208. My clock works but the temp is basically gone.

I did a quick search and saw some on Amazon but I believe in you get what you pay for with this kind of stuff. I don't want to do this job twice.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:51 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
do search on forum...many times discussed...I use http://www.bba-reman.com/us/content/...man_in_boston/
never had issue after they worked on it
Old 04-12-2019, 01:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2001 clk 55 amg
Having come from BMW's myself...my apologies. Lol i did really just go to the darkside though and get a 2019 s4 . Great car, but still **** Audi. But i have noticed this as well. Temperature will usually show nothing at all and then randomly will creep back up to 70% then go back to blank when shut off or temperature changes. I thought i was crazy to think the temperature would be affecting the pixels showing up but i believe it happened on one of the coldest days this year. Ive been hesitant to replace it as i didnt really want to have to heat it up to seat either.

would be curious to hear what you do!
Old 04-12-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
There is a rather extensive thread on fixing the cable ribbon...many with mixed success...I paid the $100 +/- cost and had a pro do it..has been fine for 10 years
Old 04-16-2019, 12:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW's and my AMG
When I say I'm new to Merc's, I'm new to owning one. I worked at the dealership years back in various capacities. I was a factory tech, marketing and then sales. I know the cars but never owned one. Being around them and trained on them made me appreciate them more and more. I grew up with BMW's and have always had one. My biggest thing was the lack of a manual. For me, I love 3 pedals. The only way I was getting into a Merc was an AMG or a nice priced CDI. Well, an AMG showed up and that was that. My first automatic in years!

I'll search the forum for the pixel info. I haven't been bothered by it too much to check in and search. I have a E39 Touring/S62 swap consuming my wrenching time. Other than maintaing the M113, I am not getting into much of my AMG at the moment, haha.