CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

2002 clk 320 trunk doesnt open with remote or switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 clk 320 convertible
2002 clk 320 trunk doesnt open with remote or switch

I purchased a 2002 clk 320 convertible and the trunk wont open with the fog remote, or the switch in center console. .i cant insert the key cuz the previous owner broke the lock trying to open it with a screwdriver.. i had to drill a hole to unlock it with my finger..when trunk is open the little red light on the switch console is on and also the latch will unlock if i press the green release bottom inside the trunk, but it wont release when pressing the switch in center console or remote control...anyone know what could it be?..do i need a new latch or maybe is something else...
Old 04-12-2019, 12:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Are you saying that while trunk is closed and you are inside and press green button, it does not open?
Old 04-12-2019, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 clk 320 convertible
Originally Posted by cindyclk
Are you saying that while trunk is closed and you are inside and press green button, it does not open?

it wont open with remote or switch in console...but the green release bottom inside the trunk does unlock the latch.. no i dont lock myself inside the trunk to test it..lol...with the trunk open i lock / close the latch the way it does when trunk is in closed position and i press the green bottom and the latch unlock.... what i mean is that there is power, and the vaccum pressure is working,, latch is working...but for some reason it wont send the signal from the remote or switch in center console to the trunk.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 430 Convertible
Hi
This was the problem i had with mine i ended up after months of testing switches and rams replacing the brain in the trunk all good now.
search for my user name it should take you to the thread.
The guys on here are really good and you will find lots of information in the thread. https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...top-issue.html
Rob