CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Looking to Lease '05 CLK 55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to Lease '05 CLK 55 AMG

Hi everyone, I've been reading this message board for a while now. I have to say, you guys are a great source of info, you've really helped me pick out my next car... So along those lines, I'm looking for some advice on going about leasing the car... I'm shooting for end of september/early october. I'm on the east coast, NYC area and i'm wondering if i can test-drive this baby at a dealer..i heard from some friends that mb doesnt let u test-drive amg's....any truth to that? Also, my other question relates to the time-frame for leasing the car. Do you guys think i need to pull the trigger now and sign on the dotted line or should i wait until my current lease expires (early oct)? One last Question...i saw you guys mention some 2nd party lease financing ...does anyone have experience with it? I'd love to hear how that actually works..and also what kind of deal is a good deal these days for the lease (terms: 36mo. 10-12k miles, $3k option upgrades).
Thanks in advance for the advice...i'm looking forward to posting more on this board...
Mike
Old 08-16-2004, 02:12 PM

'03 CLK55
Although I didn't go through with a lease, I completed the process with the folks at www.leasecompare.com up until I had to sign the final paperwork. It is a very easy process. You just negotiate a price with the dealer, enter all the information into the website and they do the rest. They'll contact the dealer and handle all the financial details. Because the '05 CLK 55's are so new, I noticed they're not on the leasecompare website yet. But for the time being you can play around with the numbers using the '04 drop down menus.

As far as test drives, my dealer let me drive the CLK55. I had planned on leasing a CLK500, but the salesmen talked me into trying the CLK55 after I drove the CLK500. I made up my mind the moment I stepped on the accelerator. That's when I decided I'd be keeping that car for a while, so I purchased it instead of leasing. Other than the handling of the car, I couldn't be happier with mine.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info...i appreciate it