CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Newbie...Navigation questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie...Navigation questions

Hello all....
A newbie to the Benz board. I have owned and particpated in the BMW and Porsche forums. I am looking forward to reading and participating here.
I have just purchased a 2002 CLK55 and absolutely love it.
I have searched the forum and have not found an answer to my question.
My car has the integrated phone and disk changer in the trunk. I want to put in a factory navigation system. I know they are not the best systems but it is important to me to maintain the factory look and all of the factory functions. I have been told by some that this is a fairly simple and others say it cant be done. I have found a unit on Ebay part # 203-827-48-42-80. The description says this should fit my car. Can anyone verify this? Is my car pre-wired for this system upgrade? Any other parts needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-19-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by NorCalGregclk55
Hello all....
A newbie to the Benz board. I have owned and particpated in the BMW and Porsche forums. I am looking forward to reading and participating here.
I have just purchased a 2002 CLK55 and absolutely love it.
I have searched the forum and have not found an answer to my question.
My car has the integrated phone and disk changer in the trunk. I want to put in a factory navigation system. I know they are not the best systems but it is important to me to maintain the factory look and all of the factory functions. I have been told by some that this is a fairly simple and others say it cant be done. I have found a unit on Ebay part # 203-827-48-42-80. The description says this should fit my car. Can anyone verify this? Is my car pre-wired for this system upgrade? Any other parts needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
not sure if thats the correct unit but in addition to that you would still need all the connectors and gps antenna. i had a euro comand installed in my w208 by steve (mbenznl). shoot him an email at s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com and he can direct you better than anyone else.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
btw, welcome and congrats on your new car!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing MB related (sorry)
Contact has been made!

Just so you know, a W203 comand won't fit in a W208...

Greetingz,

BigSis