CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

spring pad question..help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
spring pad question..help

i just had a question about the spring pad set up...i currently am riding on 19" SSR GT3's on my 2001 w208 CLK55....i got a set of H&R's, but seeing that the ride is already much harsher than the stock rims, im hesitant to put on the H&R's. however, the car looks like its an suv, haha, so something needs to be done.

1) how do i find out what spring pads came with my car? 2) what do you recommend to put in the front and rear? (i want my car to be as low as possible purely based on changing of the spring pads) 3) how expensive are they? 4) what is the install like? easy? hard? instructions would be great. thanks for all the help.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.) I'm assuming the method is for the same as the 209, but I was told that there are three ways to determine the spring pad on the car. First, you can try giving the dealer your VIN and hope it comes up (mine didn't). Second, I was told by the tech at the dealer that spring pads on a car are determined by what/how many options you have on the car. Seems only useful if you can find someone else who happens to have the exact same options and knows their spring pad number...or someone at the dealer who is willing to dig around for you. And lastly, you can look at it yourself and count how many "steps" it has, which will tell you the number spring pad. Hope that helps.

2.) From what I've been told, spring pads are only in the rear, none in the front.

3.) Don't know
4.) Dont't know