CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W208 CLK55 Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
W208 CLK55 Questions

I have a few issues that I was wondering if anyone else had encountered. My primary concern is the steering wheel column is angled slightly to the left, maybe 10 degrees. I’m tall and the top of the wheel blocks my view of the tachometer above 3500 rpm. If the steering wheel was perfectly aligned I believe I could see the entire tach. Adjusting the telescoping feature doesn’t have any effect.

The outside passenger mirror only sometimes rotates down when I back up.
The driver seat does not lower as far as the passenger seat.

I haven’t received my manual yet, the dealer lost it & ordered me a new one. Could someone explain the function of the two switch positions on the far left side of the headlights? I’ve noticed that if I lock the car with the lights in either one of those positions the parking lights will remain on just on one side of the car?? Also I read on M-B that the CLK55 has a remote window open/close, I tried it & it doesn’t work, can you turn that option on/off?
Attached Thumbnails W208 CLK55 Questions-rd10.jpg  

Last edited by H-MAN; 11-05-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 AMG
I can offer some advice for a couple issues. The passenger side mirror rotating is a feature you can turn on and off it is for backing up there is an option in your drivers information console.

The remote windows up and down from the key fob hold down unlock button continuously to roll all windows down, and hold down lock continously till all windows and doors are completely rolled up and locked.

Enjoy.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:53 PM

I figured out the reverse/tilt mirror option leaving work. By having the passenger side mirror control depressed, as if to adjust it, the mirror will pivot down when the cars in reverse. If the drivers side mirror control is depressed the passenger mirror dosen't move when the car is in reverse.

And the roll down/roll up option isn't working

Last edited by H-MAN; 11-04-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H-MAN
I figured out the reverse/tilt mirror option leaving work. By having the passenger side window control depressed, as if to adjust it, the mirror will pivot down when the cars in reverse. If the drivers side mirror control is depressed the passenger mirror dosen't move when the car is in reverse.

And the roll down/roll up option isn't working

I thought the reverse tilt down was not working properly as well on mine. I realized that the selection lever has to be on the right side mirror in order for it to work. In other words if you were adjusting your driver side mirror and did not change it back the function wont work.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2024 SL63/2018 E63s Estate
Originally Posted by H-MAN
I haven’t received my manual yet, the dealer lost it & ordered me a new one. Could someone explain the function of the two switch positions on the far left side of the headlights? I’ve noticed that if I lock the car with the lights in either one of those positions the parking lights will remain on just on one side of the car??
This is a feature on many European cars. The idea is that if you are parked on the side of the road, you can leave the parking lights on the street side of the car to warn other cars.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Spotty-Dog
This is a feature on many European cars. The idea is that if you are parked on the side of the road, you can leave the parking lights on the street side of the car to warn other cars.

Thanks.

My remote window up/down is working, my remote battery was just weak.