CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

coolant leaked into the engine and mixed with engine oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320
Angry coolant leaked into the engine and mixed with engine oil

can anyone help or suggest, I bypassed heater core hose to auxillary pump, I live in a tropical area and have no need of a heater, duo valve is busted it was simply a good solution but the car over heated and eventually the water leaked into the engine, what would be the best way to solve the problem blow up the car or change the head gasket, the other problem of the car is its in limp mode, I downloaded electrical diagram and traced which module then which pin or connection then traced it to the component until i have fixed gear ratio and p01747, I used i combined diagnostic scanner and oscilloscope to see the can bus, can anybody help please
Old 04-07-2024, 10:57 AM

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG: 2004 S55 AMG
How long did you drive the car while it was overheating? If you're getting coolant in the engine oil chances are you blew a head gasket. I would start by draining all of the fluid, coolant and oil both, and pull the heads. Hopefully you didn't warp them or they will have to be sent out to be milled.

Replace the head gaskets and repair anything else related to the coolant system that needs attention. If you didn't drive the car long after you noticed it overheating, you may have saved the heads, however i would still have a shop take a look at them to make sure they aren't warped before you reinstall.

Good luck

- Joe
Old 04-07-2024, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320
many thanks

many thanks for a good advice. I will look for a mechanic tomorrow, after discovering water in the engine I used the card for about 5 km, the temp. gauge was in 100ēC. My level of d.i.y goes up to removing the engine valve covers and conductor plate and transmission valve body only, I don't know how to remove head gasket