CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

2008 CLK Bluetooth phone/streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sls roadster
2008 CLK Bluetooth phone/streaming

Hi,

Has anyone retrofitted bluetooth capability to the their CLK?

What is the easiest plug and play method to be able to connect my phone and stream music through the car speakers?

Thanks - my car is a 2008 CLK 63 Black Series based in the UK
Old 06-10-2024, 01:39 PM

2008 CLK-350 Convertible
My wife's car had the ipod 4 connector, so I got the Bovee1000, but that only works for music. It does not work for the phone conversations. It doesn't even charge the ipod, if you use one. There is a guy in California that sells the proper adapter for full bluetooth use, that costs around $375 USD. I would think he can ship it to the UK. I could try to find his listings for you, if you want me to. I believe you would have to verify if you have the connector in the center console. It's hidden behind the back inside. You have to remove two torxs screws to open it an pull it forward to find the connectors hiden in there. You can remove the cup holder to slide the top forward enough to get to the screws and open it easier. I just recently got my own 2008 CLK350, since I liked my wife's car so much. I haven't checked if it has that yet. Mine doesn't have the ipad connector either, so I was just about to look up if there is a connector to buy, so I can at least play music in my car over bluetooth. And I don't want the type that transmits over a radio frequency that needs to be tuned in to, on the radio.

I just read on a related post, that someone said their Bovee1000 worked for phone conversations, too. Mine doesn't, on my wife's car.

Last edited by Shark7000; 06-10-2024 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:00 AM

2008 CLK-350 Convertible
Since my car, that I just got, doesn't have bluetooth either, I discovered the easiest bluetooth that cost less than $20. Wal-Mart has a Monster brand USB charger/bluetooth, that plugs into the 12 volt power supply. AKA cigarette lighter outlet. It has one regular USB charging port, one USB audio player for a thumb drive only, no charging, and one USB type C charging port. It has a small toggle button for phone control and skipping forward or back for music. I'm not sure if they had this two years ago, when I put the Bovee1000 in my wife's car. I found there are many different similar bluetooth adapters available today. This really makes it easy. But you can't use the phone control buttons on the steering wheel.