CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Extended Warranty Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
Extended Warranty Question...

Has anyone used Warrantydirect.com to purchase their extended warranty? Apparently, they are the only "internet" warranty company where you can buy an extended warranty from if you are a resident of CA. (I have confirmed this with CA Dept of Insurance)

For my 02 CLK 320 w/ 27K, and for 5yr/100k warranty they are asking for $2,300-2,500, with 0 or $100 deductible, respectively. A local MB dealership offered me 5yr/100k for $3,385 w/ $200 deductible

Thanks in advance for your feedback and help!!!

See below for warrantydirect.com details. Let me know what you think.

Their California MBI plan seems pretty good and it is an exclusionary warranty. Please see the details below on the exclusions list:
California MBI coverage statement:

We will pay the licensed repair facility of your choice for the reasonable cost to repair or replace any part of your vehicle where a failure has occurred, except for those items listed in the exclusions section.

Exclusions:

Carburetor; battery; shock absorbers; manual transmission clutch assembly; friction clutch disc and pressure plate; throw out bearing; manual and hydraulic linkages; distributor cap and rotor; safety restraint systems; glass; lenses; sealed beams; light bulbs; brake rotors and drums; exhaust and emission systems; weather strips; trim; moldings; bright metal; chrome; upholstery and carpet; paint; outside ornamentation; bumpers; body sheet metal and panels; tires; wheels/rims; GPS navigation systems; phone systems and TV/video/entertainment systems.

Maintenance services and parts described in your vehicle's owner's manual as supplied by the manufacturer. (i.e. oil changes, tune-ups, brake pads, belts, hoses and spark plugs)
Old 01-12-2005, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
I don't think Warrantydirect covers AMG cars.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:08 PM

01 clk55 cpe
let me step in here....

I went through this dilema in October 04.
Warrantydirect.com does provide extended warranty insurance (EWI) for amgs.

To me, buying something like an EWI is very scary....
they have your money up front (you by the *****) and when your car need repairs....you are on pins and needles waiting IF they will cover it.

There have been soooo many instances where the buyer, after reading the brochure, swears that he/she understands it and come time for the repair to be paid, there is some bs clause that gets them out of paying.

What I did was to go to the MB stealership and ask some of the service advisors on the various EWI they have dealt with from the customers.
I find that the MB stealership sells them, they may not be as economical as warrantydirect, but the service advisors have given me a thumbs up on the ones that MB sells.

I believe, if MB stealerships sells it, then, indirectly, they should in all likelihood, honor the repairs.

So, I ended up buying it from them.

Good luck and happy
Old 01-13-2005, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by clk55fan
I went through this dilema in October 04.
Warrantydirect.com does provide extended warranty insurance (EWI) for amgs.

So, I ended up buying it from them.

Good luck and happy
I wonder if it varies by state. I went to their website to obtain a quote on a 2002 CLK55 AMG (in Georgia). The reply came back and said that EWI for my vehicle was not available.?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:33 PM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
clk55fan,

I did just that. I went to the local MB dealer and asked what warranties they provide for AMG cars and they had two, Equis and Vehicle 1. They preferred Vehicle 1 and they are cheaper with better coverage than Equis. You can drop your car off, and the dealer handles all the paperwork in the normal course of doing business. They already have an on going relationship with them and it is wise to get their opinion on who to use. And yes, they are more expensive, 3yr/36,000 from the "purchase date" of the warranty for $3,500. Not sure if that is worth the price, depends on what you could get your $3,500 to do for you in the 3 years they have your money.

Anyone have any statistical analysis of the advantage of an after market warranty for AMG cars?

Also, chappy posted Ace Warranty and they were very prompt on calling me for a quote, they even emailed one out right away. They do not offer a "worry free" type warranty for AMG, only a preferred warranty. Didn't read all the fine print yet.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:24 PM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
Update

I happen to be reading through Karl's post regarding the last warranty service prior to expiration and came across Lisa Lehrbaum's number and gave her a call.

The car I am looking at does qualify for the Daimler-Chrysler warranty because it is under 50,000 miles (I believe this is why). It is a "maximum coverage" honored at all MB dealerships. It adds an additional 5 years and 50,000 miles to the car at the time of purchase. The $200 deduct is $2990 and the $100 deduct is $3490. The exclusionary items are minimal and she will fax everything you need directly.

She can reached at 1-800-655-3535, very good service!

Thanks Karl!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
Originally Posted by brianw430
Update

I happen to be reading through Karl's post regarding the last warranty service prior to expiration and came across Lisa Lehrbaum's number and gave her a call.

The car I am looking at does qualify for the Daimler-Chrysler warranty because it is under 50,000 miles (I believe this is why). It is a "maximum coverage" honored at all MB dealerships. It adds an additional 5 years and 50,000 miles to the car at the time of purchase. The $200 deduct is $2990 and the $100 deduct is $3490. The exclusionary items are minimal and she will fax everything you need directly.

She can reached at 1-800-655-3535, very good service!

Thanks Karl!
I agree.
Rock On!