CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Headlights for W209 CLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights for W209 CLK55

Hello all! My name is Kiki and I am new to MBworld. I just recently purchased a 2003 MB CLK55. I love my car and this is my first Benz. However I bought it out of state off of Autotrader and the sales man at the MB dealership misrepresented the car on one thing. My car does not have the xenon headlights. I love the purple glow of those headlights and want them very baddly. I went to the Mercedes dealership up here in Charlotte, NC. To find out how much it would cost to have the xenon's installed only for them to tell me that it could not be done. They say that the xenon's use a different wiring harness than the halogens and that the only way to have the xenons is to buy a new car. Well after that I went online and found the xenon light housings for only $612 each. So now I know that I can get the headlights but because the wiring harnesses are different can they be installed and would they work properly. There are also a couple of fast and the furious type shops around here. Could they maybe do this kind of work! I would appreciate any feedback on this matter from anyone. You can email me at kikiamillion@yahoo.com or give me a call at 704-965-4548. Thankyou all!!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Look about 2 or 3 posts down....

Steve MBenz NL is your guy. Look around these boards, you'll see.