CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 Black Exhaust upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Originally Posted by g4drive
Is anyone worried it might be too loud? Would it be legal? Would MB still honor the warranty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2fvTJiMTXM
The question that you asked is exactly why we have so many issues with getting the cool stuff from AMG.....

Will MB still honor the warranty.

From my research, MB will not warranty part aquired from Germany in the US. A while ago I was going to import an LSD from Germany for my E55.

I was concerned about my warranty and was told by three dealers that I would be out of luck on this one even though it would be under warranty in Germany.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Schiznick
The question that you asked is exactly why we have so many issues getting the cool stuff from AMG.
Which question Jim? Whether its too loud? I'm ok with it if it is legal. I'd need to have it fitted somewhere in the Northeast. I'm not worried about the warranty on the headers/exhaust, just whether it would affect the warranty on the rest of the car, particularly the engine. When I modded my RS6, Audi still covered everything except the modded parts. E.g. When I had a mis-fire they covered the diagnostics and subsequent new spark plugs.

Can you get a price from AMG assuming a number of buyers, say 10, 20 and 30? This might encourage a few more people?

Thanks for bringing this opportunity to our attention.

Andy
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Unhappy

Taking a line from the Godfather, I will report bad news immediately. The headers and europe only parts will not be available in the US. Although the marketplace wants them, the government doesn't. We thought we had a distribution network that could work, but in the end too many read and monitor what is said on the intenet and it was a risk that couldn't be taken.
Jimmy
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Thanks for trying Jim...

MachC5
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
That was a valiant effort. I like V8 exhaust noise, and having heard the F1 variant from the stands, it is phenomenal. But, truth be told, I don't think it would be "streetable". You can hear that car bellow literally a mile away. I too would guess no real muffler components in the can.

Right now, my wife will ride in the BS. With the F1 exhaust, she wouldn't. Right now, my wife contends that my early hearing loss is due to the Borlas on my last 850CSI. If I did it again, she would never even try to speak to me again. AS
Old 10-31-2007, 01:21 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
AMG Modified Exhaust

Originally Posted by alexander stemer
That was a valiant effort. I like V8 exhaust noise, and having heard the F1 variant from the stands, it is phenomenal. But, truth be told, I don't think it would be "streetable". You can hear that car bellow literally a mile away. I too would guess no real muffler components in the can.

Right now, my wife will ride in the BS. With the F1 exhaust, she wouldn't. Right now, my wife contends that my early hearing loss is due to the Borlas on my last 850CSI. If I did it again, she would never even try to speak to me again. AS
Last year, I was a participant in an AMG Driver Training Event at Hockenheim, Gerrmany. There was an SLK there outfitted with the safety lights, roll bar, etc. that the instructors were using. When I went for a ride with my instructor, Roland, the first thing he said to me was to do all of my talking before he fired off the engine, because the car had a special exhaust system designed to impress the crowds at the racetracks.

As soon as he lit the fire, I understood what he meant. Even with a helmet on to muffle the sound, it was incredible. Plus, he was right, it was so loud that I doubt either of us could have heard each other without shouting at the top of our lungs.

Point of the story, be careful as to what you install in the car. These AMG engines can be ungodly loud!

JDB
Old 11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Brady or Schiznick,

So do either of you REALLY have a line on getting salon parts from Affalterbach??? Sounds like Schiznick does. I don't care about warranty, but I definitely want some salon parts- The deal in germany with the parts BTW as I am told is this: In Germany the cars only have 2 yrs warranty, as such and because they are out of warranty soon AMG doesn't care about the mods and afterlife, whereas in the US there are the 4yr or 5 extended to 100k

thanks, S
Old 11-03-2007, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Originally Posted by spr
Hey Brady or Schiznick,

So do either of you REALLY have a line on getting salon parts from Affalterbach??? Sounds like Schiznick does. I don't care about warranty, but I definitely want some salon parts- The deal in germany with the parts BTW as I am told is this: In Germany the cars only have 2 yrs warranty, as such and because they are out of warranty soon AMG doesn't care about the mods and afterlife, whereas in the US there are the 4yr or 5 extended to 100k

thanks, S
I don't have a line on parts from Affalterbach but I did call a few Mercedes delaers in Germany and try and buy parts from them. I found a dealer in Munich a couple of years ago that said they would ship to the US.

I have not followed through as the warranty issue stopped me in my tracks.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Would you mind forwarding that info? I would be curious to see if they'd sell salon parts.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:30 AM

SLK 55 2007
is it a special exhaust?

or it is the same one without cats

ys