CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK63 AMG ride at Quail Lodge - Carmel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
CLK63 AMG ride at Quail Lodge - Carmel

Just came back from the AMG drive of the CLK 63 Black Series coupes at Quail Lodge in Carmel. They had at least three - white, silver and red. As you know, all the interiors are black. Automatic selector 'shifter' is really cool - Ferrari style. They are here for the Historic Race week activities. Invitation only deal. Wonderful ride. Seats are a bit tight (side to side) for my built and no way to control them (I believe), except for lumbar. Lovely piece of machinery. I am still going for an S63 but this is a nice ride indeed. Z356
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Is it worth the $148K with taxes..?

Originally Posted by Z356
Just came back from the AMG drive of the CLK 63 Black Series coupes at Quail Lodge in Carmel. They had at least three - white, silver and red. As you know, all the interiors are black. Automatic selector 'shifter' is really cool - Ferrari style. They are here for the Historic Race week activities. Invitation only deal. Wonderful ride. Seats are a bit tight (side to side) for my built and no way to control them (I believe), except for lumbar. Lovely piece of machinery. I am still going for an S63 but this is a nice ride indeed. Z356
Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
Is it worth it?

MachC5: How can I answer that? Let me try. At my age (57 today) and given the needs in my life, I would choose the AMG S63 for that kind of money. The CLK63 Black Series has other competitors in the marketplace - a series of Porsche 911s, the new BMW M3s, the Audi RS4 and R8, etc. So the market will determine soon if enough people are willing to spend that kind of money for a two seater CLK 'super car' vs what the competion offers, often for a lot less than you would spend on this AMG Black Series product. The beauty of the S63 is that it has few peers. Not many others offer luxury and sport in a package similar to that of an S63. But I could see how some people would want to have this 'trick' car...but my own money will be spent elsewhere. Z356