CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.
View Poll Results: Who has found creases in their CLK63 BS front fenders..?
Drivers side fender
14.29%
Passenger side fender
7.14%
Both fenders
71.43%
Silver w/creases
42.86%
Black w/creases
35.71%
White w/creases
21.43%
Red w/creases
14.29%
June to July build
71.43%
Aug to Sept build
21.43%
Oct to Nov build
14.29%
Dec to Jan build
14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

How many have the Creases in their CLK63 BS front fenders....?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
How many have the Creases in their CLK63 BS front fenders....?

Please list if you have creases in one or two fenders and the month you took delivery

Last edited by MACHC5; 01-09-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Presume early production (delivery in September), no dents. Silver AS
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
No dents
Old 01-10-2008, 09:18 AM

Audi R8, MB C63, Aston DBS
Can some one who has the dents, please post better pictures?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
If you look real good at the front fenders near the area where they meet the doors... you will see what is being talked about.. if you have the creases.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
New member to this forum and new owner. Did vote, Oct. build, creases on both sides, my BS is black.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM

July build, September purchase

No creases, black in color.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:54 PM

06 CLS55, She drives: 08 CLS63, 08 CLK63 Black Series
MFG 10/07 White No Creases!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
08/07 Build, Mars Red no creases.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I stopped into the MB dealer in Orlando, FL tonight and they have a Silver one there with the creases on both front fenders.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
No dents or creases from what I can tell in photos. Mine is at EvoSport, but as you can see from the project photos they are posting there are no fender imperfections. I have a very early BS, mine came in with the first shipment of 8 Black Series into North America.

I did notice a problem with my tires though, it appears I need new ones with only about 1800 miles on the cars. LOL!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Originally Posted by jrcart
No dents or creases from what I can tell in photos. Mine is at EvoSport, but as you can see from the project photos they are posting there are no fender imperfections. I have a very early BS, mine came in with the first shipment of 8 Black Series into North America.

I did notice a problem with my tires though, it appears I need new ones with only about 1800 miles on the cars. LOL!
Can't wait to see it when it is done..... Are you all adressing the weight issue of the car at all in the build up?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by jrcart

Jim,

Sadly, yours does. They all do. It is 100% an issue with the mold. They are all going to be the same. That being said, it is not really noticeable unless you know it is there. Once you know it or happen to spot it, some people focus on it and some just say "oh well" - I am the latter. The car is so gorgeous and it is not a per car issue, but a idiosyncratic issue with the entire production run. I can tell you, none of my high-end clients that have seen Jim's car here at evosport have seen it.

You also definitely have that tire problem! I am waiting for the factory recall notice, but I think they might not admit that it is a real problem.

Originally Posted by Schiznick
Can't wait to see it when it is done..... Are you all adressing the weight issue of the car at all in the build up?
You can see more details HERE

thanks
Brad
Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Schiznick
I guess Brad or someone at EvoSport may be better able to tell you about weight savings. At this point I would assume I have added some weight with the roll cage. I did purchase Dymag carbon fiber and magnesium wheels. I would assume that these are going to offer a substancial weight savings, but I don't have the exact figures and I don't like to speculate. EvoSport is also developing a carbon fiber rear deck lid with integrated wing/spoiler. The way I understand it, it will completly replace the factory steel rear deck lid. Again, I don't have any actuall figures on weight savings for this item. I have toyed with the idea of airbag removal, I know a lot of people in the C5/C6 Corvette crowd do this and it is pretty easy to do on a Corvette, with as much as 60 pounds savings (thats what I have heard I can't confirm it) with all of the bags, wiring, sensors and ignitors. I have no idea if this is possible on the MB or what it what take electronics wise to do so. As I have said before I will continue to drive this on the street so I don't want to gut it completely. My goal with this car is to have a rare, nice looking car that I can go out in or spend an afternoon at the track with.

Call or e-mail Brad at EvoSport for exact figures. I would hate to mis-quote or mis-represent any of the work they are doing.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I think Schiz was referring to taking weight out of what is already an overweight track car...The wheels will reduce lots of unsprung weight where it really matters, at the hub...and the new boot lid in carbon will also reduce quite a few lbs...My suggestion is to also remove the sound dampening material as it weighs quite a bit but might make street driving unbearable. I would also suggest not removing the airbags as you might need them.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well we have (9) Owners who report having fender creases.
Most of them are from the June-July delivery timeline.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand that a MB Rep has recently been to see one of the cars that has the creases.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:56 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Wonder if they will be replacing them with factory painted units....
Old 02-16-2008, 08:44 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Creaseless

I cannot discern any sort of "crease" in my car's fenders.
JDB
Old 02-16-2008, 10:04 PM
LZH
Banned

It seems one member here, luderule, has been able to get his fenders replaced....or so he says...I've asked him point blank and he refuses to discuss it openly in public. My guess is that he MIGHT have gotten factory replacements, but not painted by the factory. Hence the reason he is hesitant to discuss his situation for the many issues associated and discussed in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/225517-front-fender-flaws.html
Old 02-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Almost a Member!

The white one
If people would actually read instead of pressing their own opinions then they would have noticed I already answered them point blank the first time around.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:28 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by luderule
If people would actually read instead of pressing their own opinions then they would have noticed I already answered them point blank the first time around.
Really, please show me where you answered my questions...I've asked you numerous times if you are getting FACTORY PAINTED replacement fenders. You have yet to answer the question. What's the problem, are you stupid, slow or just trying to hide something ??? Here's a quote from another member to you as well:

Originally Posted by ET550
So if I am understanding you correctly, you start a thread seeking everyone's help and advice, the members respond, and then when someone asks what the final resolution was, you basically tell us all to f--- off if we didn't PM you to show we care. NICE.
And here's my question to you for the third time, again, it's a YES or NO question:

Originally Posted by LZH
Wow, thanks so much for the informative response - you really added a lot to the subject.
So, in your own words, if "I care" I have to send you a PM to get a response ??? Why not just post your experience here so everyone else can hear from you exactly what has happened ??? I guess you don't want to though becasue as I stated before, you aren't getting new fenders painted at the factory but having them painted at some body shop with non factory paint which will make your car worth less.
If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me....otherwise your continued silence and hesitation about posting publically will answer my question.
Thanks again for being so helpful to other members.
It's a simple question, and again, if you can't answer it here....then that says plenty and speaks volumes about your credibility.

Or, since I see you're in So Cal and we all know from pics you posted, you have a red Black Series....not many of those around....and I know pretty much every good body shop in LA and then some....maybe I'll just ask around and see if any body shops have painted CLK 63 Black series carbon fiber fenders mars red. Then we'll all know what you motivation is for not answering the question - either you're worried about having non factory painted fenders and how it will affect the value of your car; or you're just a dick. My guess would be both.

Last edited by LZH; 02-17-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Almost a Member!

The white one
Since you can't read then I'll give you a hand......LINK....post #50. Seems you like to doubt and then insist your right just like every other thread on this board. Just look at your attitude towards me in that same thread.........if I wanted to be a dick about it then I would post just like you. So get off your high horse and leave me alone.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM
LZH
Banned

Since you can't read then I'll give you a hand......LINK....post #50. Seems you like to doubt and then insist your right just like every other thread on this board. Just look at your attitude towards me in that same thread.........if I wanted to be a dick about it then I would post just like you. So get off your high horse and leave me alone.
Yes, we are all aware of this post:

sorry guys but no need for body shops as it will be sent to me painted from the factory. If you guys can deal with the flaws and look at it everyday then by all means. But for those of you who thinks you should get a perfect fender when you pay $$ then contact your dealer and complain.
and then I have asked you (numerous times) to CONFIRM to all the other owners here that you have received FACTORY painted replacements. But, you clearly cannot answer the question. Why is that ?? If you got them painted at the factory one would think you would have no problem sharing that with all of us. But, since you cannot answer a simple YES or NO question, well...that says plenty.

Seems you like to doubt and then insist your right just like every other thread on this board.
So, if I'm wrong....PROVE IT. I asked you once before to take a picture of the new factory painted fenders at the dealer....you ignored that....Now you can't answer a simple question.

And now you want me to "leave you alone" ? LOL - Enjoy your new, dent free non factory painted fenders

Last edited by LZH; 02-17-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

The white one
LOL...who are you?? Oh right just some tough guy on the internet who thinks he knows all. Think what you like as I don't really care. Go do your own research if you care as I will not share any info with someone who is such an ***. BTW stop PMing me asking which dealer I go to and how your going to make me look bad here. My last reply to you period so good luck with your own search.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many have the Creases in their CLK63 BS front fenders....?