CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

amg challenge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk63 amg black series
amg challenge

as promised a short report on the AMG challenge I attended yesterday here in Las Vegas. In a nut it was fantastic. well organized--great hospitality-helpful and knowledgeable instructors. Finally the cars---great variety --mainly c63''s.
terrific car--in the real world nearly as good as the BS. Truly I am not sure I would have gone with the BS had I driven the c63 first-it is that good.
two SLk's with Nurem-ring suspension --SL63's --cls63-s63's.

The driving and skills sections were well planned and everyone got all the seat time you wanted. Auto cross---figure with watered track to practice counter steering

lead and follow on the LVMS inside road course which has two sections on the banked nascar track and an infield.

the best--Tommy Kendall gave me a few hot laps in one of the two BS's on site. the ride was a real treat--the car felt rock steady all the way around including the transistion from the flat onto to the banked section.

I can't say enough good things about the day and recommend it to all.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 AM

clk63 amg black series
amg challenge

a pirelli rep was there --he says they are selling a lot more replacement tires for the BS than they expected. Sounds like we are using the cars more than they expected.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice quick report. Got any pics or vids to share?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:13 AM

clk63 amg black series
amg challenge

most of the cars are equipped with video logged in with memory sticks

If they in fact send me the dvd and all worked the way it should --I will have video of my hot laps with Tommy Kendall. If that happens and I can figure it out --I will post it.

By the way--they had one of the safety cars on site as well--the DTM seats are amazing. they felt very comforatble but sat very low the car--too low for my 5'8". I also learned the part number for that seat is available like any other MB part.

While MB can't import it to US as it has no accomadation for the side airbag.
necessity is as always the mother of invention. If anyone figures out how to obtain the seat(s), please post.