CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Any attractive leases available through MB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
Any attractive leases available through MB?

With values below dealer invoice and plenty of inventory carrying into the new model year, it would seem time for MB to provide some subsidized leases...anything yet?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
With values below dealer invoice and plenty of inventory carrying into the new model year, it would seem time for MB to provide some subsidized leases...anything yet?
On a car that rare you wont see any cheap money factors. They will have to be sold at huge losses to the dealerships who still have new cars in their inventory (which is quite a few). More main stream cars get cheap leases but you wont see a CLK BS lease promotion.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
It may not be well advertised if/when it happens, but I think it has to. Too many new cars sitting on lots, and the cash buyers already have their cars. Looks like ~25% of the whole production run is for sale on AutoTrader.com right now. Dealers are hurting enough already...I can't believe MB will not support them with reasonable leases for the BS.

Aston Martin was running a lease special last month on the Vantage...also a relatively rare car with similar MSRP and current value.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
It may not be well advertised if/when it happens, but I think it has to. Too many new cars sitting on lots, and the cash buyers already have their cars. Looks like ~25% of the whole production run is for sale on AutoTrader.com right now. Dealers are hurting enough already...I can't believe MB will not support them with reasonable leases for the BS.

Aston Martin was running a lease special last month on the Vantage...also a relatively rare car with similar MSRP and current value.
Different car, different bank/captive... I agree with Cyn, you wont see a lease special on a BS. When I initially priced a BS last year, the only lease option was with MBCC and the 24 month 10k mileage residual at that time was 53% on an MSRP of 138k minus 3k GG tax. I dont see any bank/MBCC taking a chance on these cars with a lease special.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz

If you look in net star there are cars in dealership inventories from 2006 that are new and unsold. Cars like 77k R500's are still there and the factory wont ever do anything to move those units. That car will one day just be sold at auction or to a customer who wants a car thats 3 years old and still new for a serious discount.

The same goes for these CLK's. Sure there are a lot still sitting around new but mb wont do anything to move so few units. The most wild lease promotion ever done was the E55 promotion on 2006. All other deals are done on main stream cars that are not rare and niche market items.

There were C55's available to factory employees in 2006 for 38k but that was again to move units that were in massive numbers and unsold for a year or so.