CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

New Car Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
New Car Advice

Growing a little bored with cars - or maybe its just because I haven't had mine for past few months.
I have an S5 on order thats due here in late Oct.
i have a DD - an Audi Q7 SLine 4.2 - Lowered 22's etc. etc.
I have the BS - I love the new S5 and have plans to make it look crazy.

I was going to lease the S5 and perhaps get rid of Q.
Anyways the lease on S5 is around 1050 - for 59k car.
Audis lease horrible.
I was thinking today - what about C63? It will lease for ab the same or maybe 100 more give or take.
My question I can't answer myself is why? Is it stupid to get the C63 when u basically have the same motor in my BS? I also have the fast, crazy handling car in the BS too.
Does anyone have any opinions on the S5 or the C63 for a DD?
I can figure out for myself that the C is much faster - but besides that - any input?

Last edited by JT55; 08-19-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
I would go for the S5 unless having a manual trans (or has Audi started to offer the tip yet?) in a DD is an issue. Having not seen the interior in person on either the C63 or the S5, Audi has in the past always done a really nice job with interior finishes/materials so I'd suspect the Audi wins here. I've read several posts about the interior finishes/materials of the C63 being rather low quality? To get the power of a stock C63 you'd have to do some engine mods to the Audi. You'll see more C63's than you will S5's on the road. I think Audi did a really nice job on the exterior styling as well.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by chuck z
I would go for the S5 unless having a manual trans (or has Audi started to offer the tip yet?) in a DD is an issue. Having not seen the interior in person on either the C63 or the S5, Audi has in the past always done a really nice job with interior finishes/materials so I'd suspect the Audi wins here. I've read several posts about the interior finishes/materials of the C63 being rather low quality? To get the power of a stock C63 you'd have to do some engine mods to the Audi. You'll see more C63's than you will S5's on the road. I think Audi did a really nice job on the exterior styling as well.
U are correct. I literally just came from the dealer. The car is beautiful and the interior kills the C63 interior. I drove the C63 extensively during AMG challenge and almost couldn't believe cheapy interior. The doors when they close feel paper thin. The S5 exudes a car that feels and looks alot more than its 59k price tag. I am sold. I went with a friend to look at one they just got in it was a beautiful grey - I was almost gonna take it and not wait for the white one i ordered. When my friend chimes in and says I'll take it.
He signed the papers right there! and he was dead set against 6 speed and he is now the proud owner of a grey 6 speed S5 LOL.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 PM

WHT BS
IMO, you already have the BS so I would say no to the C63. I have Driven the S5 and it is a sweet ride. Audi Lease are horrible becuase their re sale value is horrible. I would go so far as to say that Audi has the best Interior in the business, and the new S5 is a good looking car. If I was in your shoes, then i would try the S5 just for the simple fact that it is a different car. Having Quattro AWD isnt a bad thing either. Good luck with your decision. Just my $.02. Thought Id share it with you.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Eitan1
IMO, you already have the BS so I would say no to the C63. I have Driven the S5 and it is a sweet ride. Audi Lease are horrible becuase their re sale value is horrible. I would go so far as to say that Audi has the best Interior in the business, and the new S5 is a good looking car. If I was in your shoes, then i would try the S5 just for the simple fact that it is a different car. Having Quattro AWD isnt a bad thing either. Good luck with your decision. Just my $.02. Thought Id share it with you.
NO - thanks i appreciate. I'm almost sorry i let my friend take it.
I just wasnt ready to pull the trigger today and he was. I still have mine on order for late Oct. I just will have 4 cars now and 3 parking spaces LOL and i dont really drive all that much. But I was sold once I sat inside. Plus it has such potential - check out the Rieger S5 its serious. (minus the scissor doors which are totally impractical and almost always a headache) I'm actually online now picking rims, and ready to order the body kit - and my BS project isnt even done yet - I have serious problems
Old 08-20-2008, 08:33 PM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by JT55
NO - thanks i appreciate. I'm almost sorry i let my friend take it.
I just wasnt ready to pull the trigger today and he was. I still have mine on order for late Oct. I just will have 4 cars now and 3 parking spaces LOL and i dont really drive all that much. But I was sold once I sat inside. Plus it has such potential - check out the Rieger S5 its serious. (minus the scissor doors which are totally impractical and almost always a headache) I'm actually online now picking rims, and ready to order the body kit - and my BS project isnt even done yet - I have serious problems

Wish I had your problems.
Look into getting an exhuast system for the S5. It should very nice and even throatier than the stock exhaust. Dont know of any to reccomend but I have heard a few drive by with exhaust and they sound very menacing.

Last edited by Eitan1; 08-20-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
Ahhh my friend..Didn't you tell me to stay away from the C63 earlier in the year?.. haha..

Anyways.I drove the S5 before..a little underpowered compared to the C63..but you have a BS...That's the work horse. Get the S5....White is always a winner...I was also checking out lease's on those..and your right..1050 for a 59k car..yikes..
Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
I didn't enjoy the S5 as much as I thought I would. First, the rubber in the drive train rocks the car on every first gear launch, and on the 1-2 shift. Second, the engine is so linear, the manual trans is unnecessary. Torque is the same at the middle and upper rev ranges, so shifting at the top gains little. I thought the car would be better with an automatic.
The interior is great. But, overall, not an exciting package. AS
Old 09-12-2008, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by alexander stemer
I didn't enjoy the S5 as much as I thought I would. First, the rubber in the drive train rocks the car on every first gear launch, and on the 1-2 shift. Second, the engine is so linear, the manual trans is unnecessary. Torque is the same at the middle and upper rev ranges, so shifting at the top gains little. I thought the car would be better with an automatic.
The interior is great. But, overall, not an exciting package. AS
U test drove it or bought one?
I kinda wanted it for the manual - so ur saying the manual sucks?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Originally Posted by JT55
U test drove it or bought one?
I kinda wanted it for the manual - so ur saying the manual sucks?
I got one for a loaner when our A6 was in the shop (I currently own 6 VW/Audi cars, so the dealer treats me well). Drove it about 50 miles. The manual doesn't "suck", but first gear is pretty short, and the way the engine is tuned, there is no power surge at the top of the rev range. It feels like it pulls the same at the top of second as the middle of third, for example. Therefore, it works just as well to leave it in the higher gear than downshift. But, an automatic would work even better.
There is rubber in the engine mounts to smooth engine vibration, but that results in rocking motions when the car is launched in first gear, and that is evident on the 1-2 shift as well. It results in a jerkiness that I didn't think was a positive. It's a nice looking car that I wouldn't buy. The experience is bland compared to the BS. AS
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
It also FEELS slow, the manual wasnt fun like i was expecting it to be.