CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Black Series compared to my other cars ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Jim,
That's fantastic, you will love Willow...if the weather is good and it usually is. I'm sure you'll be up to the task but go easy on an old man. I'm anxious to see what the performance difference is with a capable driver. Will you have the Penske's in by then?
Jimmy
Suspension should be complete by then, however I'm not sure I am going to have time to have it installed and then get the proper alignment done. I am shipping my car to Vegas the first week of January, the car actually leaves on Saturday the 3rd. From there I am about 90% certain I am driving the car to LA on Monday the 12th and then spending a week in LA and OC. Then I am probably going to road trip the car to my house in Dallas and do some more racing/track days drag racing on the 24th and road racing on the 25th.

P.S. I am experienced and humble enough to know that age really has nothing to do with it, so don't try pulling the old man stuff on me, age = experience. Isn't there an old saying? To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid. I think I am somewhere in between, just not sure if I am more wise or more stupid. One more thing to keep in mind, remember I'm just a motorcycle racer, I'm out of my element in a car
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by jrcart
Suspension should be complete by then, however I'm not sure I am going to have time to have it installed and then get the proper alignment done. I am shipping my car to Vegas the first week of January, the car actually leaves on Saturday the 3rd. From there I am about 90% certain I am driving the car to LA on Monday the 12th and then spending a week in LA and OC. Then I am probably going to road trip the car to my house in Dallas and do some more racing/track days drag racing on the 24th and road racing on the 25th.

P.S. I am experienced and humble enough to know that age really has nothing to do with it, so don't try pulling the old man stuff on me, age = experience. Isn't there an old saying? To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid. I think I am somewhere in between, just not sure if I am more wise or more stupid. One more thing to keep in mind, remember I'm just a motorcycle racer, I'm out of my element in a car
Out of your element I don't think so, John Surtees won the world championship on motorcycles....and then won the Formula One championship. I sold one of my track porsches to a motorcycle racer and he was within a second on me after three session! Then there is the issue of your mega horsepower advantange. But that's ok, I'll use my seeing eye dog to bark when I need to turn in.

I perfer the moto "there are old pilots and bold pilots, there are no old bold pilots." Just show up.
Jimmy
Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk63 cs, bunch 911,bentley,
willow big track or small track you guys are talking about ?? who is hosting the evnt ?? speed venture or speed trail or is it a private event ??sound like a fun event and mayb i can go there to meet you two and learn a few pointers from you.

sean
Old 12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by seanlee768
willow big track or small track you guys are talking about ?? who is hosting the evnt ?? speed venture or speed trail or is it a private event ??sound like a fun event and mayb i can go there to meet you two and learn a few pointers from you.

sean
Big Track, contact Evosport they are hosting. Bring out your car.
Jimmy
Old 12-14-2008, 03:58 AM

clk63 cs, bunch 911,bentley,
i dotn think i can make it, but i will try as i have a lot of things to do around that time. there is gtr event that is coming up on the 20th too and i might just be there as an instructor for half day then take off. however i will pm u two my cell lets keep in touch.

sean
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
Hey Tipo, do you live in Cameo Shores? i think i have seen your house before . . .

Nice collection by the way, i never realized that the gt has a bigger body than the Murci . .
Old 12-16-2008, 01:54 PM

2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
Hey Tipo, do you live in Cameo Shores? i think i have seen your house before . . .

Nice collection by the way, i never realized that the gt has a bigger body than the Murci . .
I'm in Newport Beach. The picture may be deceiving since the Murcie is a FAT car. It is definitely bigger all the way around than the GT.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM

2008 CLK BS
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
No defintive answer?! Come on, I want to know too! That garage is unbelieveable, reading this thread was great stuff! Give up the goods man, your garage looks like those inspiration posters they sell at college!!! Your picture is currently MY inspiration at law school as I've made it my desktop background! If you don't want to tell us that is obviously your business, but alteast a few more high quality pictures of the garage I believe are in order to inspire the rest of to strive for greatness. I'm still drooling here! Thanks!
Unfortunately there is no definitive answer to the question. Too many factors contribute to one's success and/or failures. Here's another photo courtesy of Jason (Speedracer38 on Ferrarichat). The cars move around a bit within my house and to my office since space is tight so the garage changes from week to week. This was shot the same day the other one was taken.
Attached Thumbnails Black Series compared to my other cars ...-ji3t7588web.jpg   Black Series compared to my other cars ...-ji3t7596web.jpg  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:03 PM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Tipo815
Unfortunately there is no definitive answer to the question. Too many factors contribute to one's success and/or failures. Here's another photo courtesy of Jason (Speedracer38 on Ferrarichat). The cars move around a bit within my house and to my office since space is tight so the garage changes from week to week. This was shot the same day the other one was taken.

Thats Just Beautiful
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63, GLK350
Success is having what you want and wanting what you have.

Guess I am not successful, I always want stuff that I don't already have. But then I go about getting that stuff, but then always want something else I don't have and this seems to continue all my life. I believe in Taoism but just can't make it work all the time.

Last edited by SL2003driver; 12-16-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:51 PM

03' CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by SL2003driver
Success is having what you want and wanting what you have.

Guess I am not successful, I always want stuff that I don't already have. But then I go about getting that stuff, but then always want something else I don't have and this seems to continue all my life. I believe in Taoism but just can't make it work all the time.
Regardless of what or how much you have there is always something more or better

Usually when i set my mind on something i end up achieving it pretty quickly so i take satisfaction in knowing that . . .

One of my favorite quotes is "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" there are a lot of nay sayers in this world that seem bitter just because they have not been able to achieve what they do not feel they are capable of
Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 PM

03' CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Tipo815
I'm in Newport Beach. The picture may be deceiving since the Murcie is a FAT car. It is definitely bigger all the way around than the GT.
Cameo Shores is in Newport isn't it? Corona Del Mar?

Anyway, your house looks familiar for some reason. . .

I bet you have a license plate on each of your cars for each day of the week don't you?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63, GLK350
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
Regardless of what or how much you have there is always something more or better

Usually when i set my mind on something i end up achieving it pretty quickly so i take satisfaction in knowing that . . .

One of my favorite quotes is "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" there are a lot of nay sayers in this world that seem bitter just because they have not been able to achieve what they do not feel they are capable of
My favorite, everywhere I go there I am