CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Black Series Vs. Aston Martin DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Angel 430
I have never had the chance to drive the BS. If you ask me go with the BS you cant go wrong.
LOL............LOL............ How do you recommended the BS when you have never even driven the car?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:58 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Klinh
There's nothing special about the BS, it now just like any Mercedes.
And how do you make the above statement ?? Have you driven a BS ?? Have you even driven the DB9??? It's just like every other Mercedes ?? Really ??? Does every other Merc have a diff cooler, locking rear dif, triple adjustable coil overs, additional oil cooler, additional steering cooler and carbon fiber bodywork ?? You haven't a clue what you are talking about so I suggest you stop and take a second to remove your foot from your mouth.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by LZH
It's just like every other Mercedes ?? Really ??? Does every other Merc have a diff cooler, locking rear dif, triple adjustable coil overs, additional oil cooler, additional steering cooler and carbon fiber bodywork ?? .

Really.......just like any other Mercedes, you can get a BS for under $100K !! Yeah, it got all those stuffs you mentioned but it still not any faster then the W211 E55. Again, it performances just like any other Mercedes. There's NO comparision to the ASTON in term of class.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
There's nothing special about the BS, it now just like any Mercedes. I remember when the 65 engine series came out, Mercedes owners thought that it gonna be one of those collector cars. Now,no one even want buy it even as dirt cheap. Aston is in a totally different car class.
Originally Posted by E500C70
The Aston has the back seat, plus the name, and the much nicer interior. It would gather more attention and hold it's value longer. But personally, I'd chose the Black.
Oh yea. Those Astons are real special and really hold their value. DB7's were $175k new and could be had for $50k five years later. DB9's are pushing $200k new and the used ones are tanking just as fast.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
There's nothing special about the BS, .....
It's really funny that you mock someone for their opinion after you've yakked up a bomb as quoted above.

Based on those few words alone, I would guess:
a) you've never driven a Black Series
or if you have,
b) you have no feel for driving to understand what makes a car "special"
Old 11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Yeah, it got all those stuffs you mentioned but it still not any faster then the W211 E55.
Are you sure about that? The E55 laps the Nurburgring at 8:50, about the same time as a Civic Si (8:47) and VW Golf DSG (8:52). The BS runs the same lap in 7:45, in company with a Zonda C12 S (7:44) and McLaren F1 (7:45). Are you just looking at 0-60 and quarter mile times? Please explain yourself.

By the way the official time for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage is 8:10.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Really.......just like any other Mercedes, you can get a BS for under $100K !! Yeah, it got all those stuffs you mentioned but it still not any faster then the W211 E55. Again, it performances just like any other Mercedes. There's NO comparision to the ASTON in term of class.
Klinh, lets get one thing straight, a W211 E55 might be as QUICK or QUICKER than a Black Series, but it is NOT faster, there's a big difference! Are you only looking at straight line stats? Hello....News Flash...The Black Series is built for road racing! It looks like I am one of the few people chiming in that has actually driven both cars. Put both cars on a road course and it won't even be close, the Black Series will murder a DB9 or DB9 S/Vanquish S. If you are going to butt into these conversations at least have some basis or facts to back up your clouded opinions. In addition to raw performance on a track the Black Series has a much more refined and quality feel to it, the dash and door panels on the AM feel cheap and hollow. Some of the control knobs and buttons have a cheap feel, the air-conditioning setting knobs feel like they belong in a Kia.

Why don't you go test drive both cars this week and come back here and revise your statement. You will see they are both great cars, the AM has a mystique about it, it's visually beautiful...but nowhere close to a Black Series in the performance department.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-18-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Out Of Control!

There's nothing special about the BS, it now just like any Mercedes. I remember when the 65 engine series came out, Mercedes owners thought that it gonna be one of those collector cars. Now,no one even want buy it even as dirt cheap. Aston is in a totally different car class.
lol Linh seriously, you may want to delete this post as soon as you can.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM
JDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Track Day Comparison

Just a point regarding the Aston-Martins. I attended a track at Thunderhill, earlier this year with a group of Aston-Martins. It was lightly attended, so we had virtually unlimited track time available to each individual driver. It was a warm Northern California day, but my CLK63 Black Series had no problems whatsoever.

The same was not true for the Astons. They were some instances of engine overheating, and problems with brake fade and brake fluid overheating. I did not investigate what actually caused their problems, but the end result was that it appeared that the Astons weren't really up to handling the same sort of extended hard driving that the CLK 63 Black Series just took in stride.

Now, as far as design goes, I think the Aston-Martins are very elegant cars. Their performance is also amazing, and definitely is fast enough to allow any driver to loose their driver's license.

End result is that as others have said, drive both vehicles. Hopefully, you'll fall in love with one of the two. You can't go wrong with either car. They just have different strong points.

JDB
Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I would pick the BS hands down to the DB9 anyday.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Again, it performances just like any other Mercedes.
Sounds to me like someone has BLACK SERIES ENVY !!!!!

Lihn - or whatever your name is....give it up bro, you don't know what you're talking about. To say the BS performs like every other Benz just shows ow little you know.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:24 PM

03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
this guy doesnt know jack about cars. he bought some KW coilovers for his car and took them off because the ride was too harsh?! he replaced coilovers in leui of lowering springs........

He bought his car simply because it was a MB and because he liked the way it looked. I am sure he is not an enthusiast. Go back to the CLK forums the topics of conversation here are out of your league.