CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Rear Camera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 AM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Rear Camera?

Anyone put a rearvue camera to work with the screen in the car? I'm just a little spoiled with my other cars with it.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by Frankster
Anyone put a rearvue camera to work with the screen in the car? I'm just a little spoiled with my other cars with it.
Yup! I had one installed last year. It's not quite hidden or discrete as I would have liked but I've grown used to it. I opted not to have any holes drilled in the car to give it that "Extra Clean" look but it gets the job done I'll post some pics of it if you want....just give me a few days
Old 01-14-2009, 11:38 AM

Yes, please do! Is it hooked up in a way to work with the factory LCD screen?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by Frankster
Yes, please do! Is it hooked up in a way to work with the factory LCD screen?
Well, My car didn't come with the Navi so I had the new Kenwood 8120 with Navi, Bluetooth, DVD, MP3 player etc. installed with an amp and the back-up camera...all could be controlled at the steering wheel! I did not want to give up the factory controls from the wheel. The cost? $2500! Not a steal but not robbery either...I thought it was a fare deal. I can drive while watching tombstone! LOL. However, I would never do that for safety reasons. I have an IS 350 and I compared that camera to my aftermarket camera on the Benz and I have to admit, the aftermarket camera has a wider view of space..maybe because it's not as hidden as the one on the Lexus. Take a look at the pics!
Attached Thumbnails Rear Camera?-dsc01854.jpg   Rear Camera?-dsc01855.jpg   Rear Camera?-dsc01856.jpg   Rear Camera?-dsc01857.jpg  
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM

but this is not the BS. Has anyone had this put in to work with the factory LCD? Thanks for the pics martymar
Old 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by MARTYMAR
Well, My car didn't come with the Navi so I had the new Kenwood 8120 with Navi, Bluetooth, DVD, MP3 player etc. installed with an amp and the back-up camera...all could be controlled at the steering wheel! I did not want to give up the factory controls from the wheel. The cost? $2500! Not a steal but not robbery either...I thought it was a fare deal. I can drive while watching tombstone! LOL. However, I would never do that for safety reasons. I have an IS 350 and I compared that camera to my aftermarket camera on the Benz and I have to admit, the aftermarket camera has a wider view of space..maybe because it's not as hidden as the one on the Lexus. Take a look at the pics!
dude turn that sh**t on so I can see the screen some good movie maybe lolz