CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Track report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:34 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again. I was experimenting with adding more rear toe and at 25 rear total it's too rear happy for turn in! (rotates too easily) I like to run about 16/14 on the Compression with 18 being total as I have a much larger rear bar at 22mm, so that explains the need for more front. - The new adjustable one isn't in yet. We'll see if dialing out the rear toe will help. It's so amazing how little info there is on this coming from the gt3 world.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by spr
... It's so amazing how little info there is on this coming from the gt3 world.
Well, consider that the 911 has been in a slow evolutionary process for what, 100 years and you're comparing it to a a car that is only now building an enthusiast base.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by spr
Thanks again. I was experimenting with adding more rear toe and at 25 rear total it's too rear happy for turn in! (rotates too easily) I like to run about 16/14 on the Compression with 18 being total as I have a much larger rear bar at 22mm, so that explains the need for more front. - The new adjustable one isn't in yet. We'll see if dialing out the rear toe will help. It's so amazing how little info there is on this coming from the gt3 world.
Sean, your post is a little confusing. Let me break it down. Are you saying your rear toe is -0.25 degrees on each side totaling -0.50 degrees? If so, the car shouldn't be too tail happy because of it. Do you have the same compression settings on all four corners and you run a larger diameter rear sway bar? If this is the case, your car has no choice but to oversteer. I bet in tight turns the rear wanted to come around quickly and trough a fast sweeper, the car felt really nervous. Next time, try stiffen up the front and soften the rear. Not sure if your rear sway bar is adjustable, but if so, make it softer as well.