CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK63 Black Series Build, Brought to you By Auto Addiction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not feeling the blacked out tail lights but everything else looks great.

Be sure to post some sound clips.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by JamE55
Not feeling the blacked out tail lights but everything else looks great.

Be sure to post some sound clips.
A bit darker than I was expecting, but after comparing it to the "before" pictures, it seems to look meaner and cleaner. I just hope that my reverse lights will actually shine through all that black paint...

I'm also considering getting another set of taillights and going "dark red" instead. But I'm probably gonna stick with these for a while and see what's what.

Sound clips should be up by today or tomorrow.

Last edited by slacker55; 05-12-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Here is a Quick vid of the exhaust.... Nice and aggressive... Sounds like a Fighter Jet taking off....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tthR4LnvGmo

Make sure you hit the HD (high def) button on the video....
Old 05-12-2009, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Wow! That sounds awesome!!!! Nice work!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:16 PM

CLK 55
snap, crackle and pops! gotta love it...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!

The is just incredible!

Just curious does it still have the cats and resonators on it or did you guys take that out?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
The is just incredible!

Just curious does it still have the cats and resonators on it or did you guys take that out?
We used all of the Evosport exhaust... It includes headers all the way back to (but not including) the mufflers...

So No Cats, No Factory Resonators, Factory Mufflers....

Last edited by TuneTime; 05-13-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by chuck z
Wow! That sounds awesome!!!! Nice work!
Thanks...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
The is just incredible!

The Evosport exhaust sounds incredible.

Nice work AA!

Just a slight correction in regard to the Evosport exhaust that was used.

There ARE resonators in the mid section after the x-pipe. If you look at the original pictures of when AA got the exhaust you can clearly see the resonators that Evosport uses.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by TuneTime
We used all of the Evosport exhaust... It includes headers all the way back to (but not including) the mufflers...

So No Cats, No Resonators, Factory Mufflers....
Jay-
Did you guys open up the OEM cans and remove any material from the inside? It helps with the resonance/droning.

The car sounds awesome!

I hope you drove it before you started the work!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by TTMotorsports

Nice work AA!

There ARE resonators in the mid section after the x-pipe. If you look at the original pictures of when AA got the exhaust you can clearly see the resonators that Evosport uses.
Thanks for clearing that up. Car sounds like the roar of a tiger combined with lightning. Just incredible.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports

Nice work AA!

i know you can clearly see them.... i was talking about the factory resonators.... i corrected my post....
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by slacker55
A bit darker than I was expecting, but after comparing it to the "before" pictures, it seems to look meaner and cleaner. I just hope that my reverse lights will actually shine through all that black paint...

I'm also considering getting another set of taillights and going "dark red" instead. But I'm probably gonna stick with these for a while and see what's what.

Sound clips should be up by today or tomorrow.
HAd mine done - and HATED them - bought a new set within 2 days.
It was my idea, but sometimes you hit and sometimes you don't. I'd say since I'm a cosmetic guy Im about 99% on target most of the time.
Past 4 cars I've done have all been magazine cars and Award Winners.
Nice to see me do stuff and then everybody copy.
Keeps me on my game.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart
Date, Time and Place?
There will def. NOT be a showdown now... I could really careless if anyone elses BS was faster than the Space Shuttle - All I know is still waitin for one that can even park next to mine. Still waiting..... and waiting......... nope........
Old 05-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by JT55
Someone else tinted their tail lights and they are copying you? Im sure there might be one or two other CLK's out there with tinted tail's....

edited and added--->>>Its seems to me that this thread somehow is suddenly not as nice as it used to be??? What gives?

Last edited by TuneTime; 05-14-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Great work guys. The thing sounds nasty as it should. Always loved the white on the BS. You know having the tinted taillights actually loses HP. Has something to do with the reflective properties of the tint, the alignment of planets and gravitational pull of the moon on the East Coast. They work great, however, here on the West Coast

You will need to install our lightweight rear rotors to counteract the effects of the lenses...or I hear if you tune the radio station to AM 1560, flip both visors down, shift into Reverse with your right turn signal on, it will help as well.

JT: Can I borrow your car again?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
Great work guys. The thing sounds nasty as it should. Always loved the white on the BS. You know having the tinted taillights actually loses HP. Has something to do with the reflective properties of the tint, the alignment of planets and gravitational pull of the moon on the East Coast. They work great, however, here on the West Coast

You will need to install our lightweight rear rotors to counteract the effects of the lenses...or I hear if you tune the radio station to AM 1560, flip both visors down, shift into Reverse with your right turn signal on, it will help as well.

JT: Can I borrow your car again?

I thought the double secret AM Radio Tune Visor Flip was Top Secret Info that only I was privy too?? And just hold on a second here - u told me those rotors had a dual purpose cause after I changed out the taillights you said I still needed them! - Damn you Simon

And no you cannot borrow the car again - as it is already reserved for the next 6 or 7 weekends by Various Tuners.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:03 PM

Someone else tinted their tail lights and they are copying you? Im sure there might be one or two other CLK's out there with tinted tail's....

edited and added--->>>Its seems to me that this thread somehow is suddenly not as nice as it used to be??? What gives?
Don't know how or why you read into that one???
Absolutely meant nothing to do with you or your taillights sir.
You have no cosmetic mods of any sort. So not sure why you applied that to yourself. Obviousy I know that Tinted tailights is nothing new or groundbreaking but let me know the last time you saw CF window trim?
Wanna bet you see it soon?
and dont know if you've ever heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I'm still nice
Old 05-14-2009, 11:06 PM

and why dont you read my post above that - it clearly states I USED TO HAVE TINTED TAILIGHTS. WHich in English means I don't anymore.
So once again not sure why you felt the need to say that.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
It was my idea, but sometimes you hit and sometimes you don't. I'd say since I'm a cosmetic guy Im about 99% on target most of the time.
Keeps me on my game.
Thats why...... In a thread where i just stated that we tinted the taillights...

And why do you feel the need to tell us that you have 4 award winning cars?

Im not crazy... When someone makes a comment like that, i have to say something.... Im not in your BS thread... your in mine...
Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 AM

08 CLK63 BS
Keeps me on my game.
You're right JT. Hearing your car was ultimately what inspired me to start modding it so early. I just got the car and didn't want to start modding it until a bit later, but after seeing the clip in TTM's thread, I changed my mind.

So props to you and props to TTM. But I don't understand why you guys are trying to stir ***** up. Nobody's competing here and we should all just try to enjoy ourselves and our rides. Period.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by slacker55
.....props to you and props to TTM. But I don't understand why you guys are trying to stir ***** up. Nobody's competing here and we should all just try to enjoy ourselves and our rides. Period.
Thats exactly what im saying....
Old 05-15-2009, 01:40 AM

Thats why...... In a thread where i just stated that we tinted the taillights...

And why do you feel the need to tell us that you have 4 award winning cars?

Im not crazy... When someone makes a comment like that, i have to say something.... Im not in your BS thread... your in mine...
WOW GUYS - A LITTLE SENSITIVE ARE WE?????
You've taken everything completely out of context. I meant absolutely nothing directed to you or your customers car.
I could care less what you do to the car how fast it is how it sounds or whatever.
I am an independent guy I represent myself - I wasnt trying to hijack your thread at all. I was merely stating an opinion on the tinted taillights and the mention of the four award winning cars was whats called a "point of reference" sir - to establish some credibiity and to show this car wasnt my first and not an accident that it looks like that.
THis is a perfect example of why I hardly if ever participate in the board discussions and I would have alot to contribute.
Maybe if you weren't so uptight about Bruce and TTM you would not have reflected your feelings towards him on me.
Anyone who knows me knows I have NO PROBLEM speaking my mind and I say whatever I want whenever I want - on the board in your face or wherever.

I am not was not and do not wish to "stir up" anything. And I think if you look back and look at it from a different perspective instead of the defensive stance you automatically took (because of TTM) you would see it was harmless.

Now perhaps your thread can get back on track here.
Good luck with the car.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
THis is a perfect example of why I hardly if ever participate in the board discussions and I would have alot to contribute.

Hey JT this is why i feel the same way.... Im not Uptight with TTM and Bruce.. I Met him once at a meet, i dont really know him... i just dont like people "over my shoulder" on the internet... I make a thread and i usually stay in my thread... I dont want to step on anyones toes... So nothing against you, im sure your cool as hell..lol... Im just here creating my own little world... As a sponsor i think i have to remain a positive influence to the board members, and let other sponsors do their business and make their money...

So hopefully you see why slacker is chiming in.... you could of just stated... "i had tinted tails, didnt like them so i decided to get new stock ones...." Instead you had to go on about your 4 showcars and how you had them first and EVERYONE is copying you.... It just seemed a little out of nowhere...

Can you somewhat agree?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 PM

03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
no offense guys but tinted tails is nothing new. dudes with hondas have been doing it for years....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK63 Black Series Build, Brought to you By Auto Addiction