CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

European front seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche GT3, Ariel Atom
European front seats?

Does anyone have a source for the European factory seat? Or at least the mounting brackets and sliders? I've looked at installing Recaros or Sparcos, but the base/slider would require drilling and I'm not all that excited about "improving" my car this way.

All assistance welcomed.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

2008 MBZ CLK63 AMG Black Series
I would be interested in the sliders too. I hear the AMG seats are $10k+ to obtain, so I would be fine with the proper sliders and the Recaros that look exactly like the AMG's (but I would omit the Recaro logos on them).

Old 01-21-2010, 07:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Spoke to both EVO and Renntech about this before. First, the EDM seat and sliders and mounts are not available for oversea ordering. The sparcos won't fit b/c there's no mounts, the recaro pole positions will fit, but you'll run into side airbag issues and also passenger seat sensor issues. There is no simple plug'n'play solution. Also, the pole position seats have high side bolsters, so it's likely that you'll need to get EDM seatbelt clip so it'll poke through the side harness hole.

Bottom line: it's doable but it ain't gonna be pretty or cheap.

Really a shame considering you can easily shave off ~100lbs by swapping out our seats for some PPs.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
as has already been suggested in other threads, do the CF rims and lose more UNSPRUNG weight for less hassle and probably same price.....sry off topic
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM

2011 C63
Putting race seats does not affect any electronics if you use the factory seat belt harness. The sensor inside is what controls the "beeping" and the light in the dash as well as the arm that hands you the set belt. Its a pretty easy install. The air bag is a different story.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by GeoGeo
Spoke to both EVO and Renntech about this before. First, the EDM seat and sliders and mounts are not available for oversea ordering. The sparcos won't fit b/c there's no mounts, the recaro pole positions will fit, but you'll run into side airbag issues and also passenger seat sensor issues. There is no simple plug'n'play solution. Also, the pole position seats have high side bolsters, so it's likely that you'll need to get EDM seatbelt clip so it'll poke through the side harness hole.

Bottom line: it's doable but it ain't gonna be pretty or cheap.

Really a shame considering you can easily shave off ~100lbs by swapping out our seats for some PPs.
Ain't gonna be pretty? What are you talking about bro??? It's already been done with Sparcos, I should know it's sitting in my garage and the install is OEM factory clean. I initially went fixed mount but quiclkly added the sliders becuase I let lots of different people drive my car. I have countless pics of the install already posted allover this board. Call evosport, they sourced my seats and the mounts and sliders, they have all the correct part numbers required for a clean install on a BS.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ain't gonna be pretty? What are you talking about bro??? It's already been done with Sparcos, I should know it's sitting in my garage and the install is OEM factory clean. I initially went fixed mount but quiclkly added the sliders becuase I let lots of different people drive my car. I have countless pics of the install already posted allover this board. Call evosport, they sourced my seats and the mounts and sliders, they have all the correct part numbers required for a clean install on a BS.
What I meant was the installation isn't going to be pretty, not the seats themselves. I've spoken to Evo about it too and it's actually what they were telling me: the end result is great but the mount has to go through some customization. I'm talking about just regular Sparco fixed backs, not the $$$ OEM off the DTM car.

We all know how pretty ur car is