CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The re-appreciation-effect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 CLS63, CLK63 BS (sold), '04 Maz Cpe (gone), '07 ML (gone), 08 SLK55 AMG (hers)
The re-appreciation-effect

Parked the BS in the back garage to give it a winter rest and to avoid driving it in our recent floods. So pulled out my Masarati Coupe (6spd,400HP). I once thought it was a great car. I was quickly reminded that the BS is leaps/bounds beyond the Italian Camero.

So I'm think'n... maybe I should strip the Maz down and take to the dirt stock-car track out in Perris, Ca! How much fun would that be. Go AMG/BS !!!

Anybody else drive another car every know and then.. only to re-appreciate how insanly great our BS's are?

Also... I had Simeon mix-in his secret sauce to my ECU, (30+/- HP?)... Ooooo I like it even more.

I oftentimes get people asking..."what is that car"... so I made this license plate frame to clear things up. What do you think?
Top part = 537 HP PRIUS ???
Bottom Part = MAYBE NOT

Kinda smacks all the SoCal "eco-green" drivers on the 405 in their little hybrid little butts!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche 996 gt3 cup, 09 Audi R8
Originally Posted by rkjacobs63
Parked the BS in the back garage to give it a winter rest and to avoid driving it in our recent floods. So pulled out my Masarati Coupe (6spd,400HP). I once thought it was a great car. I was quickly reminded that the BS is leaps/bounds beyond the Italian Camero.

So I'm think'n... maybe I should strip the Maz down and take to the dirt stock-car track out in Perris, Ca! How much fun would that be. Go AMG/BS !!!

Anybody else drive another car every know and then.. only to re-appreciate how insanly great our BS's are?

Also... I had Simeon mix-in his secret sauce to my ECU, (30+/- HP?)... Ooooo I like it even more.

I oftentimes get people asking..."what is that car"... so I made this license plate frame to clear things up. What do you think?
Bottom Part = MAYBE NOT

Kinda smacks all the SoCal "eco-green" drivers on the 405 in their little hybrid little butts!
I just got "S1NIS1N" for my black...smokey burnouts will ensue often...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 BS, Panamera, Prius, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by rkjacobs63

Bottom Part = MAYBE NOT

Hey, my other car is a 2010 Prius. It is a great little car, and surprisingly satisfying to drive.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by JLee
Hey, my other car is a 2010 Prius. It is a great little car, and surprisingly satisfying to drive.
Thought of the leccy 'yota for my daughter but couldn't handle the handling, power or braking so went Mini...what a blast, it really flatters whoever's behind the wheel. New Prius has better power than the older one but still can't deal with the dynamics, though my DD is a Super Duty so I shouldnt be talking...

Good report, op. No doubt about it the Maser isn't getting close to the bs on the track or drags...might nice stock car tracker though...

-Rob