CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

White BS for sale - 2k miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by GRahal09
Hey guys! Just became a member to this forum and saw this ad. The car is amazing, it now has 3500 miles on it! Just got a new clear bra on it today.

If anyone knows of someone looking for renntech headers and sound pipe please let me know, im looking to put Evosport stuff on the car.

The car is awesome, and yes my dad did get one of the first in the country. Thats what made me fall in love with the car. Trouble is its hard to want to do anything but burnouts

Anyway thanks to Chuck because the car is spotless. I will post some pics, have wheels coming for it tomorrow, and MACarbon is doing an entire carbon interior for it. Cant wait!!!
Graham,

Welcome to the forum. I just bought an Iridium CLK BS with 2K miles on it three weeks ago. Took it to the track for a few 'shakedown runs' four days after I got the car; great fun. If you end up tracking yours, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you think it performs, especially against other recent cars you'ver driven; (I'm thinking of the recent Porsche test in Autoweek, which was great btw!).

Bish
Old 10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Hey guys! Just became a member to this forum and saw this ad. The car is amazing, it now has 3500 miles on it! Just got a new clear bra on it today.

If anyone knows of someone looking for renntech headers and sound pipe please let me know, im looking to put Evosport stuff on the car.

The car is awesome, and yes my dad did get one of the first in the country. Thats what made me fall in love with the car. Trouble is its hard to want to do anything but burnouts

Anyway thanks to Chuck because the car is spotless. I will post some pics, have wheels coming for it tomorrow, and MACarbon is doing an entire carbon interior for it. Cant wait!!!
Hey Graham! Welcome. Some great guys here. Can't wait to see what you've got planned. Enjoy.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Graham - Welcome to the forum and congrats on what I'm sure is a very, very well cared for Black Series!!
On a more personal note; I first met your dad when he drove for Roy Woods Racing back in the early 70's and I actually have some great photos of him driving RWR cars in my office. Once again, congrats on the car and please don't be a stranger around here. We have a good group of seasoned track junkies and I know we could all benefit from your involvement.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by chuck z
Hey Graham! Welcome. Some great guys here. Can't wait to see what you've got planned. Enjoy.
Hey, hold on a minute, you a member of this forum???
Old 10-20-2010, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Hey, hold on a minute, you a member of this forum???
Well, I used to be.....
Old 10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

LOL, small world, ran into your father one day at GRD (Genesis Racing Devolpment) he was picking up an intercooler for one of your street cars about 3 years back (if I recall it was an Evo or STi maybe)...(LOL, you have your old man running errands for you), I'm good friends with Irshad the owner of GRD and I walk in and see your dad and I'm like "Is that who I think it is?" and "WTF is he doing in Naperville, IL of all places"

Enjoy the car, you bought the right one, Chuck is a fanatic and I still have my doubts that he ever drove his car outdoors after seeing some of the pics he posted up, the wheel wells, wheels and undercarrige appeared to be cleaner than the interior of my car LOL. and good choice on going with the evosport mods.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL, small world, ran into your father one day at GRD (Genesis Racing Devolpment) he was picking up an intercooler for one of your street cars about 3 years back (if I recall it was an Evo or STi maybe)...(LOL, you have your old man running errands for you), I'm good friends with Irshad the owner of GRD and I walk in and see your dad and I'm like "Is that who I think it is?" and "WTF is he doing in Naperville, IL of all places"

Enjoy the car, you bought the right one, Chuck is a fanatic and I still have my doubts that he ever drove his car outdoors after seeing some of the pics he posted up, the wheel wells, wheels and undercarrige appeared to be cleaner than the interior of my car LOL. and good choice on going with the evosport mods.
I can vouch that the car made it out occasionally, I saw Chuck at the Charlotte Cars and Coffee once. But now that I think about, he got there before I did so he may have put it on a trailer
Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 PM

E63S, SLS BS

I still remember that. That was for my 500whp Subaru Sti that dad hated because it blew up every 5 minutes!

I can promise everyone that now that the cars in my hands its being used. Ive almost doubled the miles that Chuck had on it since I bought it only 3 weeks ago!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 AM

'17 CLS550
I still remember that. That was for my 500whp Subaru Sti that dad hated because it blew up every 5 minutes!

I can promise everyone that now that the cars in my hands its being used. Ive almost doubled the miles that Chuck had on it since I bought it only 3 weeks ago!
Great to hear Graham. When you get a minute can you give a comparison of the Black vs your former 997.1 GT3? Many thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by alms21
[...] can you give a comparison of the Black vs your former 997.1 GT3? Many thanks in advance.
+1
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by King32
I can vouch that the car made it out occasionally, I saw Chuck at the Charlotte Cars and Coffee once. But now that I think about, he got there before I did so he may have put it on a trailer
I had it on an open trailer, sat in the drivers seat and was vroom, vrooming to simulate the actual experience of really driving the car! Looked kinda foolish to other folks on the interstate I'm sure but it was the best I could do w/o actually having to drive the car....

Old 10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by chuck z
I had it on an open trailer, sat in the drivers seat and was vroom, vrooming to simulate the actual experience of really driving the car! Looked kinda foolish to other folks on the interstate I'm sure but it was the best I could do w/o actually having to drive the car....

that's some funny $h!t

what a great thread--I'd love to put one of these in my garage in the near future--totally awesome car A+
Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
What a beautiful car!!! GLWS
Old 10-27-2010, 10:44 PM

E63S, SLS BS
Originally Posted by alms21
Great to hear Graham. When you get a minute can you give a comparison of the Black vs your former 997.1 GT3? Many thanks in advance.

No problem!

The GT3 rs i had was a beautiful car. Lots of fun, handled wonderfully, had great brakes, looked cool.....but had no power at all! Thats the biggest issue I see with porsche. A GT3 should outright be the fastest thing around. It handles wonderfully, it does everything right, but you will never get the joy out of driving it because it has no juice at all.

On the other hand the black series is a beast. Tons of torque and power, and the car drives nearly as well, but certainly more of an everyday driver. I love driving mine, its fantastic. I would say to anyone thats looking to get a smile from driving their car on the STREET that the black is absolutely the way. Not to mention those badass burnouts a black series can do

GT3 is a great track car, but you wont get your kicks out of it on the street.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Good write-up.

I haven't driven either car but I'm sure they both must be an absolute blast to drive.

The BS is very exotic and I'm sure it sounds great.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No problem!

The GT3 rs i had was a beautiful car. Lots of fun, handled wonderfully, had great brakes, looked cool.....but had no power at all! Thats the biggest issue I see with porsche. A GT3 should outright be the fastest thing around. It handles wonderfully, it does everything right, but you will never get the joy out of driving it because it has no juice at all.

On the other hand the black series is a beast. Tons of torque and power, and the car drives nearly as well, but certainly more of an everyday driver. I love driving mine, its fantastic. I would say to anyone thats looking to get a smile from driving their car on the STREET that the black is absolutely the way. Not to mention those badass burnouts a black series can do

Don't pull a Lewis Hamilton on us...we don't want to read in the blogs or turn on Speed and see you got arrested for doing burnouts on the street like Hamilton did for doing burnouts and donuts in his C63. I do think is awesome that you guys that have access to 800 plus hp race cars and all the track time you want still get a giggle out of tire smoking burnoutson the street. Wait til you get your evosport mods and then get ready for 90 to 100 mph burnouts..and I'm not kidding, I'm talking black patch burnouts...traction off, cruising at about 85, mash pedal to the floor, tranny downshifts and then spin, wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle hook guaranteed to make you grin.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 PM

'17 CLS550
No problem!

Interesting - there is no denying the massive TQ in the BS. Have not driven one personally but sure an intrigued by it. Passed one today for the first time on the street....very rare and simply gorgeous.

Did you happen to take a peek at TK's and that's what got your juices flowing to get one? His BS is simply gorgeous with tons of carbon fibre. Saw it on a Speed Channel program last year if I recall.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
No problem!

On the other hand the black series is a beast. Tons of torque and power, and the car drives nearly as well, but certainly more of an everyday driver. I love driving mine, its fantastic. I would say to anyone thats looking to get a smile from driving their car on the STREET that the black is absolutely the way. Not to mention those badass burnouts a black series can do GT3 is a great track car, but you wont get your kicks out of it on the street.
Kind of like this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gftsj2Cpqrk
Old 11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID

Gorgeous car Graham, know your uncle Ian very well!!! I was next door to RF for over 20 years before they skipped out on me and went to Oak Brook We need to get Ian out of the Porsches though!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
No problem!

You've been listening to Uncle Ian , the Porschista for too long!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM

E63S, SLS BS
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Gorgeous car Graham, know your uncle Ian very well!!! I was next door to RF for over 20 years before they skipped out on me and went to Oak Brook We need to get Ian out of the Porsches though!!!
You would be happy to know he owns no porsches and has a couple Mercedes now. He is out of cool cars though after his Lambo and ferrari killed his bank account!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
You would be happy to know he owns no porsches and has a couple Mercedes now. He is out of cool cars though after his Lambo and ferrari killed his bank account!
Caught him by surprise one day in the TT Porsche (BluByU) and got him good in the C55 Kleemann SC!! He was shocked to say the least. You , Jimmy (JR Cart) and I ought to do lunch the next time you're in IL!!!

Enjoy that BS, its a gorgeous car and a keeper!!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM

2005 C55 AMG/ 2007 E63 AMG/ 2008 CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
Why are the euro-versions double the price?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by White Mamba
Why are the euro-versions double the price?

It may have something to do with the mighty U.S. Dollar being mighty devalued these days compared to the Euro.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
It may have something to do with the mighty U.S. Dollar being mighty devalued these days compared to the Euro.
Don't forget the mighty taxes that are being paid in Europe for luxury goods such as automobiles, to pay for the things the have-nots can't pay for but nevertheless claim the right to have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White BS for sale - 2k miles