CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Warrnty Bulletin: I just had replace 2 computer modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 MBZ CLK63 AMG Black Series
Warrnty Bulletin: I just had replace 2 computer modules

The BS all of a sudden had 3 issues within a few weeks of each other. One was a message that said "Check 3rd Brake Light" and another "Check Left Tail Light". Then, I had an issue where the keyless go suddenly stopped working. The car still started with the key slot, but not keyless. Finally, I also got a check engline light that went on and off intermittently.

I took the BS into the dealer and here is what they found:

1. The light issues were a bad computer module, they replaced the computer under warranty.

2. The keyless go was a bad computer module as well, also replaced under warranty.

3. The check engine light was from a bad intake gasket, also replaced under warranty.

This car has been very reliable for the 5000 miles I have driven it so far, but replacing 2 computer modules within weeks of each other going bad is really concerning. Only about 1 year left of my warranty, so I am considering selling the car once the warranty goes. I don't want to have to start replacing computers on my own dime!

I hope the rest of you BS owners can learn from this, and be sure to take your car to the dealer as soon as something seems odd, BEFORE your warranty expires.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by lewisracing
... Only about 1 year left of my warranty, so I am considering selling the car once the warranty goes. ...
You may want to re-consider the timing, if I'm a buyer, your car is significantly less attractive to me without a warranty than is a car that has 60 days left on the warranty.

Thanks for the tips on the modules.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
With the right amount of depreciation a few broken computers are a non-issue for the second owner.

In reverse; with the depreciation hit you'll take when selling at end of warranty a few broken computers are a non-issue.